Discussion Board

Question Q for Lumia Phone :confused:

Dear all,,,

I realy like nokia phone>> lumia>..
    why there isn't any Card slot (micro SD) in all lumia phone,
    I like to save all my private data ( image, vedio, doc,...) in external storage like micro SD.
    will nokia make lumia with Card slot (micro SD) or not.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Q for Lumia Phone :confused:

There are Lumia devices with micro SD support.
    You can find the specifications here: https://developer.nokia.com/Devices/...1=windowsphone. When you open specs for a given device, there will be a category "Memory Functions". You can also pick multiple devices for "comparison", and check their specs on a single page.
    For example picking the devices from the first row brings https://developer.nokia.com/Devices/..._928,Lumia_520, and shows that the Nokia Lumia 625 and Nokia Lumia 520 models support micro SD card up to 64 gigabytes.
    Note that this is the developer support site of Nokia, however you may find http://www.nokia.com/discussions more useful for discussing about actual device models and features of Nokia devices.

Also I strongly recommend that you configure Sync with Skydrive. That will help a lot.

Contacts stay on the cloud with Skype, Microsoft Account, Linkedin, Google etc. Windows Phone supports all these and when creating a new contact you just have to select on witch account you want to create (here I believe its limited to Microsoft Accounts).
    SMS and MMS gets backup to Skydrive also if you select that option under backups
    Documents, photos, videos, and such, Skydrive is again your best option. Plus you have the option to backup some of that to the local computer also.

I never lost anything since I've been using Windows Phone.

Thumbs up Re: Q for Lumia Phone :confused:

Thank you.....wizard_hu.. and joaocardoso...

May Question is specified for the new one like Lumia 1020 and Lumia 925>>>

I have 808 PureView, ... when I saw Lumia 1020, I surprised why Lumia 1020 -especially- don’t have Card slot (micro SD)

In our country, the internet is a little expensive ,, using Skydrive is lossless.

I think, Lumia 1020 should have Card slot (micro SD).

Well if you ask me I would also like to have a SD card on the 1020 because 32gb will fill really quickly with 38mp photos. But what would be advisable is to move often, at least the large images, to your PC. You will be able to do that just by plugin using the USB cable and accessing the phone storage as if it was a pen drive. No more Zune or strange sync mechanism needed. Just cut and paste.

Also you don't need to use the a mobile data plan for internet on your phone to use skydrive. You can have the phone automatically upload the files to skydrive when an WiFi network is available. You would be surprised with how many people does not have a data plan for their smartphone, and then use Wifi hotspots to access internet. In facbk my backup settings only sync things with Skydrive with a Wifi connection.

Regular Contributor

And some single hd games size also come up to 1Gb and on my phone,720 hd recording with just 20 minutes video already consume 1.8Gb so how can 32Gb is enough with full hd recording.Cloud storage is just gimmick that is not feasible.

The usage pattern certainly matters a lot. I also have a 808 PureView, and that 16 gigs in it can accommodate more than 2000 high-res images. Of course I do have maps, music, apps on it, but still, for comparison: a day consists of 1440 minutes, and I do not take a photo in every minute, not even on vacations. It is very subjective of course, because on the other hand I am highly geekish, and thus backing up the images is not an issue since I always have a laptop/PC somewhere around me.
    Yes, taking videos is very different, the 808 produces gigabyte video in less than 5 minutes.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    It is very subjective of course, because on the other hand I am highly geekish, and thus backing up the images is not an issue since I always have a laptop/PC somewhere around me.
    Yes, taking videos is very different, the 808 produces gigabyte video in less than 5 minutes.
    In most developed country almost everyone have laptop but in developing country not all own a laptop.I myself have just a netbook for home use only and i just use it for internet browsing.My phone is my "lifeline".I use it for outdoor internet browsing,music(1++song-1Gb),videos,watching all downloaded movie via tv-out(not to be confuse with HDMI),occasional listen to song with fm transmitter,view some light pdf document,podcast.Talking about geeks

Of course I do have maps, music, apps on it, but still, for comparison: a day consists of 1440 minutes, and I do not take a photo in every minute, not even on vacations.
    Just a single country maps is hundreds of Mb.My phone got four country maps and that is not including the satellites image that is stored while viewing.