Discussion Board

Nokia 5228 does not permit to install a sis file of my qt-program after UID3 setting

I got the developer certificate, key file and UID3 from Nokia. I had adjusted LangTrainer project run settings to use these certificate and key. LangTrainer is the name of my qt-program.

The UID3 and vendor was specified in LangTrainer.pro file. LangTrainer.pro content:
    ----------------------------------
    ICON = LangTrainerIcon.svg
    symbian:TARGET.UID3 = UID3_from_nokia
    vendorinfo = \
    "%{\"Sergiy Vovk\"}" \
    ":\"Sergiy Vovk\""
    my_deployment.pkg_prerules += vendorinfo
    DEPLOYMENT += my_deployment
    INCLUDEPATH += .
    HEADERS += MainWindow.h TestWindow.h ViewWindow.h \
    searchresultwindow.h
    SOURCES += LangTrainer.cpp MainWindow.cpp TestWindow.cpp \
    ViewWindow.cpp searchresultwindow.cpp
    ----------------------------------

Note: the UID3_from_nokia is UID3 I had got from Nokia. This UID3 begins with 0x2. I did not show a real UID3 here.

The LangTrainer build is normal but Nokia 5228 does not permit to install a sis file from untrusted supplier. I had got a message: unable to install a protected application from untrusted supplier.
    Is it normal? How can I fix it?
    Maybe I need to specify something else in LangTrainer.pro.
    The suppler of LangTrainer sis file is unknown.

Note: I successfully had installed a sis file with certificate from Nokia on smartphone.

If comment symbian:TARGET.UID3..., vendorinfo..., my_deployment..., DEPLOYMENT... lines the build and run of LangTrainer is normal.

The Nokia 5228 symbian family is symbian^1.
    Last edited by graywolf2; 2013-08-25 at 04:35.

Re: Nokia 5228 does not permit to install a sis file of my qt-program after UID3 sett

Protected Uid(0x200XXXX) cannot install on any phone unless it is sign with developer cert,nokia sign or symbiansigned.You need to switch the Uid to development Uid(0xE) or request self sign Uid(0xA) from symbiansigned.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia 5228 does not permit to install a sis file of my qt-program after UID3 sett

While babylongreece might have skipped the first line of your post, the untrusted supplier message may really indicate that the application is still self-signed, and something went wrong with the attempt of setting up the devcert signing.
    I do not use Qt, but if you find a signsis.exe somewhere in the SDK, that can display the signatures applied on a .sis/.sisx file. Perhaps -o is the switch for that. A bit extremist thing, but actually it can also remove signatures (-u), so if the toolchain misbehaves you can remove the signatures after all and apply the real one from command line.

I didn't skipped the first line but maybe i misunderstood.Untrusted supplier message do mean the app use protected Uid but signed with other self generated or third party certificate.

The signsis.exe output:
    D:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian1Qt473\epoc32\tools>signsis.exe -o D:\LangTrainerForSymbian\LangTrainer.sis

Primary:
    Issued by : NOKIA Publisher 2012-10-30.
    Issued to : NOKIA Publisher 2012-10-30.
    Valid from 30/10/2012 to 30/10/2013

I seem the LangTrainer.sis is signed normaly. Maybe something is wrong in the certificate from Nokia whch I had installed to smartphone. I had checked: this certificate exists in the smartphone. Maybe Nokia 5228 is old model and is incompatible with this certificate. What I can do else to solve this problem?

I had put here a screenshot of LangTrainer project run settings. Please check this settings.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9&l=b82fec9b9c