Discussion Board

Thread: Asha app icon

Question Asha app icon

Hello,

I'm developing a Java application for Nokia Asha (testing on a Asha 310). I'm facing some problems with the application icon. I've followed the instructions here:
    http://developer.nokia.com/Resources...onography.html

I've also downloaded and used the template file provided for Inkscape, and at last I've exported a 50x50 pixel square png image. The instructions at the previous link states that "The device software crops the square shape of the Fastlane icon to the surround shape of a launcher icon and applies the highlight rim".

So I've created a jar setting in the MIDlet description the icon path. Also the icon file is included in the generated JAR anche shown on the device, but it is always squared! I don't understand how to make the device create the cropped image starting from the square one, as described in the page at the previous URL.

Have anyone of you some hint to solve this problem?

I'm loading the app on the phone by sending the JAR file through Bluetooth. Could it be this the reason?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Emanuele

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Asha app icon

That link about the iconography is talking about the new Asha platform (currently only on devices 501 and 501 dual sim)
    and your testing 310 (which is Asha dp 2.0, not the "new Asha")
    you have to create the icon look yourself, Nokia offers template of that icon style (square-circle) for different image editing apps like inkskape etc.

Nokia Developer Champion

yes shai is correct here in one of my application same thing happened for asha dp2.0 i had to manually create icons with help of my designer !!

Ok! Thankfs for the reply! The background of the icon image can be trasparent or I have to make it black?

Regular Contributor

If you are following the iconography guide, you can see that the background can either be your own colour or a fixed colour from the Nokia spectrum.

The only issue I can think of is that a transparent background will not generate a square fastlane icon for 501,which can generate a warning while publishing the application.

Ok, thanks!