Discussion Board

Exception in Inneractive Ad control in Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone 2010

Hi,

When I include the Inneractive Ad Control from NAX in my WP7 XAML, I get the following exception:

System.NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Inneractive.Ad.InneractiveAd.InitAd(String appId, IaAdType adType, Int32 reloadTime, Dictionary`2 optionalParams) at Inneractive.Ad.InneractiveAd.InneractiveAd_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(UInt32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args) at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 flags)

Microsoft.Windows.Design.Platform.InvalidDesignerUpdateException

An unhandled exception was encountered while trying to render the current silverlight project on the design surface. To diagnose this failure, please try to run the project in a regular browser using the silverlight developer runtime.

The screen is no longer editable as the designer doesn't work. I can still work in the XML directly.

When I deploy the app with this code active on my Lumia 800 developer phone, it still seems to work.

The code I included in my XAML is:

Code:
    <ad:InneractiveAd xmlns:ad="clr-namespace:Inneractive.Nokia.Ad;assembly=Inneractive.Ad" AppID="*** MY APP ID ***" AdType="IaAdType_Banner" ReloadTime="60" Name="InneractiveXamlAd" />
    What to do to get around this other so I can design my screens visually.

Iwan

Re: Exception in Inneractive Ad control in Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone 20

I'm sorry that you're having problems, at least the ad placement worked for me (the rest didnt though lol). I'm developing for windows 8 and in VS 2012 and in hopes that it might help you I'll write my code line here:

<ad:InneractiveAd
    xmlns:ad="clr-namespace:Inneractive.Ad;assembly=Inneractive.Ad"
    AppID="********P"
    AdType="IaAdType_Banner"
    ReloadTime="30"
    Grid.Row="2"
    Name="InneractiveXamlAd"
    OptionalAdWidth="320"
    OptionalAdHeight="50"
    />

I'm using the Inneractive.ad.dll as reference.

Best of luck!