Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Congratulations to the winner(s) of the Nokia Imaging Wiki Competition 2013Q3

The winner of the first segment of the Nokia Imaging Wiki Competition 2013Q3 has been selected.

The winner is .... DRUM ROLL ....

PedroQ for his article Using Nokia Imaging SDK in a Windows Phone game. This article demonstrates an image-based quiz game, where the Nokia Imaging SDK is used to add effects to images to make them more challenging to recognise. We really liked that this article used the SDK for something other than creating a new imaging or camera app, and we found the explanation of how the use of filters both easy to understand and relevant to the use case.

Pedro also contributed extremely valuable feedback about a problematic issue we had with the Nokia Imaging SDK NuGet installer. His solution was far from trivial and has resulted in a much better installation experience for all developers. Pedro would very likely have won the feedback section of the competition for this contribution too! While he is no longer eligible to win a prize for that, we'll be sending him an additional Monster headset as a token of how much we really value his help and feedback.

Selecting this article was not an easy decision - most of the judges had other articles which they also thought were outstanding. The good news is that while we could only select one article this round, we know we've already got some really worthy articles for consideration at the end of the next two segments. I advise you to check them out on the competition page.

Please join me to congratulate PedroQ for his win!

Last edited by hamishwillee; 2013-08-21 at 04:47.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Congratulations to the winner(s) of the Nokia Imaging Wiki Competition 2013Q3

Congratulations PedroQ. Hopefully many other people will get inspired by this !..

Re: Congratulations to the winner(s) of the Nokia Imaging Wiki Competition 2013Q3

Thank you guys! And congratulations to all of you! I've seen some great articles! I imagine that the decision wasn't easy!

Regular Contributor

Congratulations PedroQ

And we're picking a new winner to join you in the coming days!

Honourable mention

Our last award of the Nokia Imaging Wiki Competition 2013Q3 is an "Honourable mention" for RatishPhilip , who will receive a Lumia 720 for the article Filter Parameter Harmonization - Dynamic UI generation for filter parameters.

This article explains how to create a single UI control which dynamically offers the correct UI elements (sliders etc) for editing the parameters of the currently applied filter.

The article seemed quite different to others in the competition - along with Ratish's other articles (FilterSquare: Using Nokia Imaging SDK to create an innovative Filter App for Windows Phone 8, How to apply filters to specific image region using the Nokia Imaging SDK, Handling rapid imaging filter parameter changes using Rx) we thought it worthy of special mention.

SDK Feedback Winner is ...

The SDK Feedback Winner is aesirconsultancy for requesting blending functionality like that provided by writeableBitmapEx. The request was made early on and was subsequently requested by a number of other users. We consider it good feedback because it shows an understanding of what is offered by the SDK, and because we appreciate the importance of building bridges between the Nokia Imaging SDK and the hugely popular WriteableBitmapEx library.

The SDK feedback part of the competition was extremely successful, with great feedback provided by a large number of developers, including wiki competition winners PedroQ and yan_ . Some of the feedback has already gone into the SDK and we're hoping a lot more will go into the next update.

Thank you to everyone who contributed. The feedback part of the competition is now complete, but of course we welcome your further advice and suggestions going forward.

Re: SDK Feedback Winner is ...

Congratulation to all winners in the article competition!
    ...although the announced winning "feedback" was a bit unexpected to me - there were definitely more interesting feedbacks in the thread than the selected one-liner requesting blit filter in the Nokia Imaging SDK.

Winner 4 is ...

The fourth winner of the Nokia Imaging Wiki Competition 2013Q3 is .... DRUM ROLL ....

Sebastiano Galazzo, for his article HDR I - Implementing High Dynamic Range filters using Nokia Imaging SDK.

This article explains first how to implement an HDR engine and next how to combine Nokia Imaging SDK's filters with HDR source images to improve images and filters, and to create new filters. We particularly liked the innovation and ambition of this article - and some of the filters/image improvements are quite striking. Best of all, Sebastiano includes his prototype app, so you can try out your own combinations and find out what works best.

Sebastiano also contributed the article Neural Network based Image Processing, which provides a generic/re-usable library for working with neural nets - very cool indeed.

Please join me to congratulate Sebastiano on his win!

Winner 5 is

The fifth winner of the Nokia Imaging Wiki Competition 2013Q3 is .... DRUM ROLL ....

Toni Petrina, for the article Partial filter application and blending with Nokia Imaging SDK. This article provides a walkthrough of a powerful image editing application, with main feature that a user can select part of the picture by 'painting' over it, apply a filter only to the painted region, and blend the filtered region back into the original. The whole app is impressive, and the article does a good job of explaining how the main features are implemented. We liked the selection tools (and in particular the "magic wand") and all the options for blending.

Please join me to congratulate Toni on the win!

Nokia Developer Expert

Congrats PedroQ, great article and the feedback too, really worth a Lumia 1020 and monster headset!

Cheers, Jarkko

Regular Contributor

Congratulations PedroQ. Indeed a great article and out of box thinking.!

Congratulations PedroQ!

Super Contributor

Congratulations Pedro.
    Indeed the idea was excellent, completely utilizing the Imaging SDK.

Regular Contributor

Really good works pedro
    Personally, i'm not surprise. When i see your article the first time, i thought
    Arf, i've lost the first segment