Discussion Board

CAknGrid cell formatting

Hi All,

A couple of questions...

1. Is it possible to create a CAknGrid and format individual cells differently? For example some cells would have bold text and some regular.

The SDK documentation is rather scarce on this topic and the Grid example does not include this specifically.

2. How do I set grid lines on?

Many thanks in advance,
    Paul

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi

Q1: AFAIK all cells use same formatting information, so the answer is No.

Q2: What you mean by setting lines on ?

yucca

Hi Yukka,

First, thank you for the response.

I would like to set grid-lines so that each cell is bordered. The end goal would be a look something like the Series 60 calendar application's month view.

I am guessing that the only way to format individual cells is to create many CAknGrid instances and manage their position within a view. There would be a title grid along the top with the days of the week and a main CAknGrid with numbered days of the month. The user would only be able to select from the main CAknGrid which would contain the dates. They would not be able to select a cell from a title CAknGrid.

This brings up one question. Do you know how I would turn off the selection functionality in the title CAknGrid?

Many thanks in advance,
    Paul

Regular Contributor

CAknGrid cell formatting

Hey,

It is possilbe to format each cell differently. You can do that by using the SetupFormGfxCell or any of its variants from the AKnListBoxLayouts class. The grid is is fact a modified listbox so pretty much anything you can do with a listbox can be done with a grid. Don't have any documentation on this method besides the SDK though which isn't muchb ut at least you know it can be done.

Regards, Aljaz

Hi Paul,

Have you finished your calendar grid?

I'm also doing a grid of similar type, so would you mind telling me how do you do it, coz I'm new to Symbian programming.

I've tried to use the CAknCaleMonthStyleGrid, but can't make it look like Series60's calendar.

Thanks

Eddie