Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

Hi,

I got an Lumia 820 Developer device. The issue is, never got an update for it. It still holds the first firmware with reboot bug etc.
    Why has it never got an update?

Firm 1232.2109.1242.1002

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Developer Device Lumia 820 Update

I know its a basic question, but have you manually checked for updates on Update Phone option on settings?

I also have the Dev Device 820 and I have:
    Fw: 1232.5957.1308.0002

Yes, i always get the message "Latest version already installed". Has the phone-provider something to do with it?

Nokia Developer Champion

The provider isn't really involved but the Branding is. Have a look at Settings / Extras & Info / More Information / Mobile Operator

In my case this tells me 000-AT which means Unbranded Austria. This might help in identifying why the phone has not received an update yet. Aside from that you could try removing the SIM and searching for an update via Wifi which seems to have helped some people with the Samsung Ativ S although I don't know if something similar might work for the 820. GDR1 (10211) should have been rolled out worldwide to my knowledge.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    If it is a developer device from Nokia, it certainly has no operator lock, branding, etc. This topic is also discussed on the private boards of Champs, and no one knows when the update would come (and so far no one received it either).
    That's true of GDR2, but WopeKit's Lumia 820 doesn't even seem to have GDR1 (end of Dec 2012) - which is very odd.

If it is a developer device from Nokia, it certainly has no operator lock, branding, etc. This topic is also discussed on the private boards of Champs, and no one knows when the update would come (and so far no one received it either).

Thats bad, but thanks for info. Thing is that some new versions of apps, like Extras&Info , are refusing to work with this old firmware...

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by WopeKit View Post
    Thats bad, but thanks for info. Thing is that some new versions of apps, like Extras&Info , are refusing to work with this old firmware...
    Have you tried a full reset of the phone?

Yes, I did, same thing!

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: GDR2 Update for Lumia 920 Developer Device

I imagine that the availability is (will be) based on country/region and possibly which operator's/carrier's card is in the phone, rather than whether the person who has the phone is a developer or an end-user or any other kind of a user.

Edit: Strange time-shift once again, where the reply ends up being done before the question. I hope the system admins or discussion board software vendor addresses this some day.

GDR2 Update for Lumia 920 Developer Device

Does anyone know when the Developer Devices will get the new update? It looks the updates will be available to end users before devs get them.

@petrib I have a 'developer device' this is a not for sale device that Nokia hands out to devs and has "Developer Device Not for sale" printed on the device. In Settings > About the Carrier is "Developer Device".

When I was given the device I was told that these devices would get updates before the general availability but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Here is a fresh posting about update start: http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/...r-lumia-amber/

That posting doesn't help. Over here in Australia the Telstra has rolled out the update and most people I know already have it. I have a 'Developer Device' which was 'supposed' to get updates earlier than others and it still doesn't have it. Come on Nokia you do a great job for the WP dev community and I was expecting better from you.

Quote Originally Posted by merill View Post
    That posting doesn't help. Over here in Australia the Telstra has rolled out the update and most people I know already have it. I have a 'Developer Device' which was 'supposed' to get updates earlier than others and it still doesn't have it. Come on Nokia you do a great job for the WP dev community and I was expecting better from you.
    My "German" Lumia 920 has not yet been updated (and yes, I am on Telstra), and according to settings I am up to date.

That said, if you've not received earlier updates ( and if you go to the update settings and it tells you you're up to date) then there is a problem. As a rule developer-device support needs to start/come from whoever supplied you with the device - email the local representative who supplied it to you.

Regards
    Hamish