×

Discussion Board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: GDR2 Update for Lumia 920 Developer Device

    I've also heard that the "Nokia Software updater for retail" (see Google!) is a good tool for managing updates if they aren't coming as you expect.

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    Hi,

    I also own two Lumia 820 Developer devices (Productcode 059R4L7). One of the features of those devices would be the early availability of firmware updates. But until now no sign of a GDR2 update via OTA. I know I can update the device with the aid of the "Nokia Software Updater for Retail", but that is no real solution as a lot of data is lost than. Here in the Netherlands consumers are already receiving the GDR2 update via OTA updates so I'm wondering why it takes Nokia so long to make this update available via OTA.
    As far as I understand no approvement from the telecom companies is neccesary as these device are not branded and generic for Europe.
    So come on Nokia, pull some switches to make the GDR2 update available via OTA asap.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5

    Re: Developer Device Lumia 820 Update

    thank you guys for the infos. My productcode is 059p710 , I tried also "Nokia Software updater for retail" , but there is still nothing. It is definitely not on the provider, on my Ativ S 8.0.10327.77 is already here.

  4. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    My 920 (a developer version handed out in Build 2012) hasn't been updated yet either. I am willing to wipe it as I only use it for development, but am not sure the "Nokia Software updater for retail" links on google are safe, since they come from random servers, not Nokia. Who is to say they do not have malware embedded that will trash my PC?

    Anybody seen anything about Nokia pushing out an OTA update yet for developer 920s?

  5. #20
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Fnords View Post
    My 920 (a developer version handed out in Build 2012) hasn't been updated yet either. I am willing to wipe it as I only use it for development, but am not sure the "Nokia Software updater for retail" links on google are safe, since they come from random servers, not Nokia. Who is to say they do not have malware embedded that will trash my PC?

    Anybody seen anything about Nokia pushing out an OTA update yet for developer 920s?
    You're quite right that there are lots of "dodgy downloads". This one asserts to be good - I downloaded and installed it yesterday with no additional crapware added to my computer that I can see.

  6. #21
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    Nokia makes best-effort to update developer devices as early as possible; ideally well before CE releases. Unfortunately our planned early update was held back due to issues shown in testing.

    We’re currently testing a new version and this will be released as soon as we’re confident it is ready (probably this coming week).

  7. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    Nokia makes best-effort to update developer devices as early as possible; ideally well before CE releases. Unfortunately our planned early update was held back due to issues shown in testing.

    We’re currently testing a new version and this will be released as soon as we’re confident it is ready (probably this coming week).
    Ok, sounds positive, looking forward to the 820 Developer GDR2/Amber update via OTA. By the way, were there issues with both the 820 and 920 Developer devices?

  8. #23
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Dekker View Post
    Ok, sounds positive, looking forward to the 820 Developer GDR2/Amber update via OTA. By the way, were there issues with both the 820 and 920 Developer devices?
    Yes. Developer devices have a different build to CE devices (or so I am told - the information I'm providing is second hand).

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    Yes. Developer devices have a different build to CE devices (or so I am told - the information I'm providing is second hand).
    Is it possible that the problems found in earlier GDR2/Amber updates for the 820/920 devices has something to do with "Live Tiles" not updating properly?

  10. #25
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Dekker View Post
    Is it possible that the problems found in earlier GDR2/Amber updates for the 820/920 devices has something to do with "Live Tiles" not updating properly?
    I'm sorry, I don't know. Might be better to ask the question on Windows Phone forums - "has anyone else seen this behaviour following update".

  11. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2

    Re: GDR2 Update for Lumia 920 Developer Device

    A heads up to anybody that hasn't noticed. I received GDR2 for my developer 920 on Saturday via OTA in the UK so it should hit the rest of you soon!

    P.S. The glance screen is awesome

  12. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    Still no sign of the GDR2/Amber update for the 820 Developer devices. What is happening? Or will we be surprised by receiving a GDR3 preview version

  13. #28
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    I've been told that the updates were approved and sent to production. So you "should" now be in the queue. If it doesn't happen soon there may be a device specific issue - in which case you should directly contact whoever supplied you the device (or update using the Nokia Software Updater for Retail)

  14. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    Hey Guys, what about Lumia Black for Lumia 820 Developer Device. Any other Handset get their updates somewhat earlier...can u tell me whats wrong with release this time?

    Thanks.

  15. #30
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    424

    Re: Developer Device (Lumia 820, 920) Update

    The rollout started with 1020/925 only. It seems they have now added the first 920/820 models to the rollout as well. I'd suggest to be patient for one or two weeks and start researching issues only then. Some device versions taking a few weeks longer is normal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. can i update nokia lumia 510 7.5 to 8
    By anil_prajapati20 in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2012-11-07, 15:55
  2. My Lumia 800 developer device screen issue
    By pigling in forum Windows Phone General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2012-09-16, 12:15
  3. Lumia 800 Update for US developers
    By rschiefer in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2012-03-20, 05:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •