Discussion Board

Hybrid View

InnerActive Shows default ad Always on GameCanvas

Hi,
    I am new to this forum. I am trying to add inneractive ad service to a game that i have been working on ( J2ME , Nokia series 40) . Thing is the ad is working fine. I put one at the start and another at the end. But the problem is it shows always a same ad. No changes even the Optional parameter provided with different values. Also i noticed that it calls the inneractiveOnReceiveDefaultAd() function from the listener. I tried to search over the net and its hard to find any inneractive SDK implementation on GameCanvas.
    Hope i will get some solution here. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Re: InnerActive Shows default ad Always on GameCanvas

Thanks for the reply. Yes i have done all of this. Ad is showing in both cases on Interstitial and Banner . But the problem is it shows only default ad always.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi imn001 and welcome to Nokia Developer Discussion Boards,

It seems that for banners, the getBannerAdData method, when called independently (from a Command), displays the same ad about 90% of the time. I have managed to get a second ad after calling it repeatedly on Nokia Asha 501, but indeed the availability of ads is currently limited. Interstitial ad seems to display the same ad. The device resolution might further restrict the total number of ads available to the app, because on Java ME side, there is no API call that allows to choose the dimensions of the ad. Instead it is the implementation that picks the ad, depending on the device you are running your code on.

This rather looks like a library (and not code) issue. Given that the library is provided by inneractive, I would advise you to contact them directly (after you log in to your dashboard, there is a Contact Support link at the top right of the screen).

Nokia Developer Champion

imn001: What country are you from and are you testing on a real device or emulator?
    The availability of Ads (banner or interstetial) vary from country to country depending on advertisement demands, if IA cannot doesnt have a paid Ad to serve you at the time of the request they return a non-paid house ad, however you dont have to present it or show it (and i also dont agree with this practice since this isnt done on any other big ad network) because its a non-paying ad.

If you have a proxy to a different country then you can try and use it and test if you get paid ads there.

Thanks all for the reply. Really appreciate it.

@ shai.i - I am from Bangladesh. The test done on both Emulator and on Physical device. Also it has been tested from India by my client.

@skalogir - The same ad issue is in both Interstitial and Banner cases for me. I will try your solution and see if that helps. Also i did changed the Interstitial initially frequently during the games start up , the result is also same always. Maybe it is what you said, limited ad on my country. Email have been sent to them, lets see what they reply. Anyway many many thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by imn001 View Post
    Thanks all for the reply. Really appreciate it.

@ shai.i - I am from Bangladesh. The test done on both Emulator and on Physical device. Also it has been tested from India by my client.

@skalogir - The same ad issue is in both Interstitial and Banner cases for me. I will try your solution and see if that helps. Also i did changed the Interstitial initially frequently during the games start up , the result is also same always. Maybe it is what you said, limited ad on my country. Email have been sent to them, lets see what they reply. Anyway many many thanks for your reply.
    Thanks. If you get a useful response from Inneractive, please do let us know here!

At this point I'll have to say: Don't use InnerActive.

Our game has made over 4500 requests worldwide to retrieve a fullscreen ad - and absolutely NONE has been served. That means we might as well have given away our game for free.

InnerActive are offering services they don't really offer anyway. Don't use them. Try someone else.