Discussion Board

Thread: Sliding Maps

Sliding Maps

I having been trying to convert a map from Navteq.

The map responds to dragging on an iPad/iPhone together with laptops but not on a Nokia Lumia 920 Windowsphone. Is there something else you need to do to make it possible?

Also the map works under Android but is difficult to drag.

The old Navteq map did not drag but I assumed that the new maps would as Google/Bing/Cloudmade/OpenStreetMap allow this feature.

The map is at http://www.sysmaps.co.uk/sysmaps_navteq.html.

Any help appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Re: Sliding Maps

The support matrix can be found here : http://developer.here.com/docs/maps_...rowser-support

If I've read that correctly it looks to me like IE10 Mobile should be supported. Indeed like you I can get a zoomable but not draggable map. My gut feeling is that this is a bug in the public 2.2.4 JS release. The good news is that this is not an issue with either the current live enterprise release 2.5.2 nor with the mobile HTML framework (try m.here.com for example) and therefore should be fixed in the next update.

I know that IE used to do some very strange things with touch events and I couldn't count the number times I've need to add an "is this IE" check workaround for IE.

The cheapest "fix" would be to sit tight for a couple of weeks and wait for an upgrade with the next public JS release which should close the bug.
    If your operation requires IE10 mobile right now, then you'll need to upgrade to Enterprise or use mHTML5 for now.

Thanks for the reply. All the maps at www.sysmaps.com work fine on laptops, apple and android but not under WindowsPhone IE.

The normal Here maps work as supplied with the phone as does the browser maps at m.here.com so I assume it is a problem with the public release as you say.

I will wait for a couple of weeks as suggested.

I have tried IE with the Amber update and the maps still do not slide. Are there any other technical details? Thanks

Regular Contributor

The 2.5.3 version of the HERE Maps API for JavaScript is now available. I would probably make sense to upgrade your example to use it. You can find working mobile examples at: http://developer.here.com/apiexplorer/env/mobile/ - I find that not all of the maps are scrollable with Windows Phone, but plenty of the examples are. You could use one as a template. In my experience, on the whole, scrolling seems a lot easier if the map is a fixed size within a page since it then doesn't interfere with the "bounce" and scrolling of the page itself.