Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy [Moved]TO RUN APP (SIS OR SISX) ON S60 SDK NEEDS HELP

HI! WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL ANY APP (SIS OR SISX) IN S60 3RD EDITION FP2 SDK EMULATOR, I GET AN ERROR AS "REQUESTED APPLICATION ACCESS NOT GRANTED".
    FREQUENTLY, ANYHOW EVEN THE INSTALLATION COMPLETES SUCCESSFULLY THEN ON OPENING THE APPLICATION'S ICON "MENU: SYSTEM ERROR (-1)" APPEARS.

PLEASE HELP..

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: TO RUN APP (SIS OR SISX) ON S60 SDK NEEDS HELP

Quote Originally Posted by saurabh_kumar1995@ovi.com View Post
    HI! WHENEVER I TRY TO INSTALL ANY APP (SIS OR SISX) IN S60 3RD EDITION FP2 SDK EMULATOR, I GET AN ERROR AS "REQUESTED APPLICATION ACCESS NOT GRANTED".
    FREQUENTLY, ANYHOW EVEN THE INSTALLATION COMPLETES SUCCESSFULLY THEN ON OPENING THE APPLICATION'S ICON "MENU: SYSTEM ERROR (-1)" APPEARS.

PLEASE HELP..
    Couple of things. One regarding the "Requested application access not granted", it only means that you are trying to have more capabilities than that are allowed to be used with your certificate that you are signing your sis file with. (For your reference in future I would recommend you http://developer.nokia.com/Blogs/Cod...r-debug-guide/ )

The second point I would like to remind is that emulators require winscw builds where as the device requires the files to be build for the device, So you cannot use a device built sis/sisx file for emulator.

Third passing point: You can always write in simple style rather than shout (usually all caps refers to shouting..and more so stressed by the bold means you are really shouting real real loud!!)

You say "emulators require winscw builds where as the device requires the files to be build for the device, So you cannot use a device built sis/sisx file for emulator."

I install SIS/SISX Themes and even some Games in S60 3RD EDITION FP2 SDK EMULATOR, they all work without any problem. But whenever I try to install sis/sisx APPS (software i.e., UC browser, RockeTalk, Nimbuzz, or X-plore) the installation starts proceeding, but just very little fraction of seconds before the installation be about to finish I get

Requested
    application access
    not granted

[IMG]D:\ErrorS60v3FP2SDK.jpg[/IMG]

I searched about it on http://google.co.uk
    and visited almost all the results, each one of the first 200 pages for last 4 months.
    And the sad enough part is that the problem still remains unsolved.

Thanks a lot for your precious time.

I need to show you some videos of the problem concerned, please give me your e-mail address that you are currently using.
    Mine is
    saurabh_kumar1995@ovi.com

You say "emulators require winscw builds where as the device requires the files to be build for the device, So you cannot use a device built sis/sisx file for emulator."

I install SIS/SISX Themes and even some Games in S60 3RD EDITION FP2 SDK EMULATOR, they all work without any problem. But whenever I try to install sis/sisx APPS (software i.e., UC browser, RockeTalk, Nimbuzz, or X-plore) the installation starts proceeding, but just very little fraction of seconds before the installation be about to finish I get

Requested
    application access
    not granted

[IMG]D:\ErrorS60v3FP2SDK.jpg[/IMG]

I searched about it on http://google.co.uk
    and visited almost all the results, each one of the first 200 pages for last 4 months.
    And the sad enough part is that the problem still remains unsolved.

Thanks a lot for your precious time.
    Well I am not sure what you searched and why you could not find anything useful for that long period, but my first shot at the search with the same keywords as your error and I found what I was looking for, a discussion of of some installations working and some not. http://developer.nokia.com/Community...ss-not-granted
    I have to be honest, I have never done themes nor games, am only into enterprise apps hence cannot answer for certain why themes and some games work, but maybe something in the referred discussion has something that explains it. But as far as I am concerned, binaries are different for emulator and device. You should contact the developers of those apps to help you with the binaries (I do not understand why you want to install third party apps to emulator either)

I need to show you some videos of the problem concerned, please give me your e-mail address that you are currently using.
    Mine is
    These discussion threads are part of community drive where information is shared and back referrenced, thats the very essence of these discussion boards. Usually when you want that kind of private help, there is (or rather used to be for Symbian) paid support. So whatever it is you want to discuss has to be here in the open discussion board.

http://developer.nokia.com/Community...ss-not-granted

The above link that you gave has already been visited by me many times. But like all others, this also is of practically no use. I mean that does not give you Any Idea How To Run Device Build SIS or SISX APP in S60 3RD EDITION FP2 SDK EMULATOR

OR

What to do to compile a Device Build APP to WINSCW BUILD?

I tried (Nobody Suggested me but I am Just self-experimenting) copying
    c:/Private
    c:/Resource
    c:/Sys
    c:/System

folders of my real Nokia N73's phone memory to a new zip file in Memory Card using X-plore

And then extracted and pasted them all (with merge selection) to my computer's

E:\S60\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\winscw\c\

Then I opened the Emulator, saw all the Installed APPS of my Phone (in Phone's Memory) has successfully been transfered to the Emulator on my Laptop (ACER E1-571)
    Some of them, specially each of .jar APPS works well without any problem. But most of the .sis/.sisx extinction APPS when opened by Clicking any of their Launch Icon, Displays

Menu:
    System error (-1)

Then closes immediately.
    :-(

Anybody Help me Please..

http://developer.nokia.com/Community...ss-not-granted

The above link that you gave has already been visited by me many times. But like all others, this also is of practically no use. I mean that does not give you Any Idea How To Run Device Build SIS or SISX APP in S60 3RD EDITION FP2 SDK EMULATOR

OR

What to do to compile a Device Build APP to WINSCW BUILD?

I tried (Nobody Suggested me but I am Just self-experimenting) copying
    c:/Private
    c:/Resource
    c:/Sys
    c:/System

folders of my real Nokia N73's phone memory to a new zip file in Memory Card using X-plore

And then extracted and pasted them all (with merge selection) to my computer's

E:\S60\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\winscw\c\

Then I opened the Emulator, saw all the Installed APPS of my Phone (in Phone's Memory) has successfully been transfered to the Emulator on my Laptop (ACER E1-571)
    Some of them, specially each of .jar APPS works well without any problem. But most of the .sis/.sisx extinction APPS when opened by Clicking any of their Launch Icon, Displays

Menu:
    System error (-1)

Then closes immediately.
    :-(

Anybody Help me Please..
    Its very visually un-pleasant to see your texts with colors,etc. Like requested earlier can you please type normal font? (you can use code tags if needed when posting code)

First, installing signed sis file is the way to go if you are installing to device. Copying files is not how its done (your system error is because it cant find some file) for a start.

If you want to compile for winscw of gcce udeb/urel you need to have the sources (not compiled binaries), import it in your IDE (carbide.c++) and compile... As simple as that..ofcourse if you have source files, not the binaries the way I am getting to understand from your description.

Your self-experimentation is going in wrong direction to say the least(if you have spent 4 months and doing what you have done. you probably would have been much ahead doing it by tried and tested method to start with.)

Like said, if you have source files, import it in your IDE and compile to have emulator builds and device builds (including sis file)

I have
    *ACER E1-571 LAPTOP with Intel Core i3 Proccessor
    *Windows 7 (32-Bit) Service Pack 1
    *TurboC++
    Version 3.0
    *JDK version 1.7.0 build 40 with JRE 7
    *JDK version 1.6.0 build 21 with JRE 6
    *eclipse-standard-kepler-R-win32.zip (199mb)
    *NetBeans IDE 7.3.1 (from netbeans-7.3.1-windows.exe)
    *SISWare Version 4.7 licenced

Please tell me what(s) more I need
    And Also Detailed Step By Step Instruction to compile/convert a Device Build APP to WINSCW BUILD?

I Wholeheartedly Appreciate you for your careful and Instant Replies.

I have
    *ACER E1-571 LAPTOP with Intel Core i3 Proccessor
    *Windows 7 (32-Bit) Service Pack 1
    *TurboC++
    Version 3.0
    *JDK version 1.7.0 build 40 with JRE 7
    *JDK version 1.6.0 build 21 with JRE 6
    *eclipse-standard-kepler-R-win32.zip (199mb)
    *NetBeans IDE 7.3.1 (from netbeans-7.3.1-windows.exe)
    *SISWare Version 4.7 licenced

Please tell me what(s) more I need
    And Also Detailed Step By Step Instruction to compile/convert a Device Build APP to WINSCW BUILD?

I Wholeheartedly Appreciate you for your careful and Instant Replies.
    You do not have the SDK nor the IDE installed, so you cannot build for winscw unless you have all that. Check http://developer.nokia.com/Community..._Symbian_OS%3F You have many other related articles in the wiki, check on those. Trust me there are many (development related)

You cannot convert one binary to another. I suspect you are trying to play with somebody elses app. Please confirm if it is so.

I have the following SDKs Files:
    *S60_SDK_3.2_v1.1.1_en.zip (465.90mb) : S60 3rd Edition FP2
    *s60_2nd_sdk_fp3.zip (152.28mb) : Symbian 2nd Edition FP3
    *S60-SDK-0548-3.0-f.3.215f.zip (262.01mb) : S60 3rd Edition
    *S60_SDK_3.1_CPP_v1.0.1_en.zip (363.44mb) : S60 3rd Edition FP1
    *Symbian_3_SDK_v1_0_en.zip (826.24mb) : Symbian^3

I Extracted and Installed all them into E Drive on My Computer.
    Fortunately all of them are Normally Working.

I have Installed the IDE too. NetBeans IDE 7.3.1, and Eclipse 4.3.

So according to your last reply, I can build for winscw since I have all that.
    So Please Tell me The Steps Ahead.

Your suspection that I am trying to play with somebody elses app is extremely wrong. I am 100% confirmed.

I have the following SDKs Files:
    *S60_SDK_3.2_v1.1.1_en.zip (465.90mb) : S60 3rd Edition FP2
    *s60_2nd_sdk_fp3.zip (152.28mb) : Symbian 2nd Edition FP3
    *S60-SDK-0548-3.0-f.3.215f.zip (262.01mb) : S60 3rd Edition
    *S60_SDK_3.1_CPP_v1.0.1_en.zip (363.44mb) : S60 3rd Edition FP1
    *Symbian_3_SDK_v1_0_en.zip (826.24mb) : Symbian^3

I Extracted and Installed all them into E Drive on My Computer.
    Fortunately all of them are Normally Working.
    If you think that all of them are functioning normally, what is the output when you type 'devices' at the command prompt?

So Please Tell me The Steps Ahead.
    Well if you read that article, it really has got all the step by step to-dos. If you think that you would want me to type it all here again, its unfair, and if you think I copy paste them here, then its rather foolish to do so as its already there.

Let me know the output for 'devices' at command prompt..I suspect you have all the SDK files but your environment might not be quite ready to compile and build applications.

Your suspection that I am trying to play with somebody elses app is extremely wrong. I am 100% confirmed.
    You give me no reason to think otherwise as all you have spoken and described till now is something to do with binaries, and built resources, etc. You have not mentioned even a single other errors related to compile although you did not have the SDK installed.

Anyway, lets move ahead..let me know...

You should make certain that all tools & project files are on same folder, E-drive should in theory work just fine, but incase you have problems, you might want to try C-Drive. I actually always did install all symbian stuff on C-Drive only.

Anyway, for Symbian development, you would need to have the Cardbide as an IDE, you can not use vanilla-eclipse there, nor would the Netbeans work.

Can you please provide the direct download link for the Cardbide suitable for my system?

Can you please provide the direct download link for the Cardbide suitable for my system?
    Here is the direct link..suitability again depends on what SDK you plan to use. The 3.2 is good for the newer SDKs, while older SDKs need 2.7 (If I remember correctly) https://developer.nokia.com/info/sw....119a2b4cb.html

But again you have not answered regarding devices asked already.

Also note that all these links and how-to's are there in that link given above

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\ACER>devices
    S60_3rd_FP1_4:com.nokia.s60
    Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v1.0:com.nokia.symbian
    S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1:com.nokia.s60 - default

C:\Users\ACER>

That's what I get after Typing 'devices' at command prompt.

That Article is About

Creating a Project
    ->Working with a Project
    ->Building a Project for the Emulator
    ->Running an Application in the Emulator
    ->Debugging an Application
    ->Building an Application for a Target Device

Whereas What I want is Running an Application already built for a Target Device, in the Emulator.
    And I want steps regarding this.

Whereas What I want is Running an Application already built for a Target Device, in the Emulator.
    And I want steps regarding this.
    Well thats why I asked if the application is yours. If it is, you have the sources and with these sources all you need to do is import it in Carbide.c++ and build for winscw udeb and you have it on your emulator(if environment is ready, this process takes less than couple of minutes for any reasonable sized application..bigger projects might take a little more than couple of minutes).

I already said a few times, you cannot run device binaries on emulator and vice-versa. You need to build the sources for the target.
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2013-09-01 at 17:38.