Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: TO RUN APP (SIS OR SISX) ON S60 SDK NEEDS HELP

I harvested the sources from the .SIS (Device Build) file.
    And even Successfully converted SIS to PKG using SISWare (version 4.7).
    Then Imported them in Carbide.c++.

Now please tell me What Should I Do To Run It on SDK Emulator.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by saurabh_kumar1995@ovi.com View Post
    I harvested the sources from the .SIS (Device Build) file.
    I am sorry but that gives me an impression that that is not your application.

Do you have the .cpp files, .rss, files etc? What you get by reverse engineering (or harvesting as put by you) is the built files which are used by pkg file to create sis file.

I am telling you repeatidly, you just cannot run device built files on emulator....please understand this..CANNOT.

And please do not reverse-engineer somebody's hard work. If they are yours, lets talk about cpp files, etc.

btw, you imported those in carbide..right? did you import it using bld.inf file?

I have the following Files
    .exe
    App.bin
    .rsc
    _reg.rsc
    .mif
    Data.dta
    Licence.txt
    cnt.p

(Total 8 Files)

The answer to your "What you get by reverse engineering (or harvesting as put by you) is the built files which are used by pkg file to create sis file." is very simple and clear, I have always wanted to run my Smartphone's Apps in PC.
    That's all I want. And I am so much interested about it that I can do hardest of the labour, studies, practice, experiments and endless trials to make my dreams real.

You say "I am telling you repeatidly, you just cannot run device built files on emulator....please understand this..CANNOT."
    I know this till now might be impossible but I have to make this happen, a real. That's what I am struggling for, Nights and Days.

And I did not import it using bld.inf file. I rather imported the .pkg file in a new symbian S60 project.

Your helps are of great worth to me. It makes me a little happier now.

I have always wanted to run my Smartphone's Apps in PC.
    Your smartphones app which is developed by somebody else is your app to use it...not reverse-engineer for any purpose or reason (even if its only for hobby). If you so badly want it, negotiate to the original developers of those apps to give you the sources (money or otherwise) and there you have it.

I have the following Files
    .exe
    App.bin
    .rsc
    _reg.rsc
    .mif
    Data.dta
    Licence.txt
    cnt.p

(Total 8 Files)
    That exe file is a result of compiling a number(often a huge number of them) of cpp files. The rsc file a result of rss files. The above mentioned files are not source files. They are a result of files of the sources after building them for that source(device or emulator).

I know this till now might be impossible but I have to make this happen, a real. That's what I am struggling for, Nights and Days.
    Your struggling for wrong cause...wrong direction. If you want to make this happen...for real, then implement the functionalities of that application yourself..you spent a lot of time in wrong direction...the legitimate direction is opposite

To give you a sense of start, in your carbide make a new project helloworld and see the wizard create the project file..and to make that small helloworld come true see how many c++ files are created, and how many other files are needed. That should give you a sense of what its all about. We can take it from there.

If you still insist on proceeding on what you described above, its futile and you are just banging your head on a solid iron wall!! (which is again illegal )

http://computing.yorku.ca/faculty-st...trix-receiver/

What do you like to say about the above link?

http://computing.yorku.ca/faculty-st...trix-receiver/

What do you like to say about the above link?
    Read carefully...you are trying to compare Student Information System (look at the left hand menu tree if you missed it) with software installation script (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIS_(file_format))

You still think they are comparable? Chalk and cheese same?
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2013-09-02 at 23:49. Reason: added chalk and cheese comparing comment!!

Oh am Sorry, I had missed that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12