Discussion Board

Unhappy Testing an app with clicks on ads but no € is added

Greetings

I'm currently testing an W8 app that I've yet to place on the store so the store download link I've put on is "http://www.google.com" and the platform is Windows. Everything works fine...ish (adding events for the ad like when its clicked or anything doesn't work yet, the code throws errors but whatever, not the problem right now). I saw on the dashboard that impressions are created whenever I launch the app, so far so good. I've taken it to the next step, to click on them (i know i shouldnt but i dont plan on releasing any kinda of software without fully testing each element). So a few days ago I clicked it twice. Checked the next day, saw the impressions, saw the clicks, no funds though. 0€. After 2 days I clicked it 3 times, same issue: impressions, clicks , 0€ again.

Why is this happening? Not enough clicks? With Microsoft pubCenter 1 click = 0.01 €...Is it because the app is in testing? I clicked it when in debug mode and when outside as well.

Looking forward to your replies and your help, thanks a lot!
    - I Spawn At Home

Re: Testing an app with clicks on ads but no € is added

Bump. Issue still present.

Nokia Developer Champion

It's possible that eCPM is calculated differently. So it might not add any money as long as you don't reach a certain treshhold. If the clicks and impressions are counted correctly I would assume that everything works fine. Are you switching your App over from Pubcenter or are you adding it as a fallback option?

Hello. Thank you for the suggestions. Currently my app hasn't been released yet.

Could this be the cause of my problem? Thanks for you time.

Nokia Developer Champion

This is possible, I don't have that much experience with NAX currently. It takes them about 2 h before impressions/clicks show up in the web interface. Aside from that I would guess that a few impressions will not instantly cause them to estimate a valuation (you will notice that PubCenter calls those numbers regularly the "estimated income"). I can understand that you'd like to know if everything is working before publishing the actual App but given that Ads are displayed and impressions are counted everything should work. If even with more Ads nothing shows up that is a topic for the inneractive support reachable through the NAX page.

Hello,

Check the Analytics tab for the a day/period that you clicked an ad. It should show the clicks as green vertical lines and the revenue from the clicks (in the same column) with a purpleish dot. I have never seen clicks without revenue, the clicks on house ads (for which you don't get money) aren't shown in the system at all.

Another thing I've noticed about the website, that might help you in diagnosing in whether you have earned money from the clicks or not, is that when you have no revenue from an ad network (no clicks on the selected day/period), the revenue shown for that network is $0. However, if there have been clicks, but the revenue is too small to be displayed with two decimal digits (you might get $0.002 for a click), the revenue is shown as $0.00.
    Last edited by TongMuan; 2013-09-10 at 06:43.

Greetings

Thank you SB Dev and TongMuan.

The $0.002 for a click thing seems plausible. I will release a different app first with NAX ads to test how it works on the market and if I can see some actual revenue then everything's alright.
    I'll keep the post updated with new information whenever I can gather some.

Have a nice day

Okey! After a few more tests a shy 0.01 $ appeared so....it works ^^.