Discussion Board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Re: How to send Toast Notification into the app integrated with toast notification S

This link http://blogs.windows.com/windows_pho...r-library.aspx clears maximum canfusion in my mind . I will work on that code now and respond you asap
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2013-09-06 at 11:09. Reason: fixed link for benefit for anybody trying to refer this post

Super Contributor

Re: How to send Toast Notification into the app integrated with toast notification S

Iam downloading visual studio 2013 preview now

Nokia Developer Champion

I wouldn't use VS 2013 yet as it's still in Preview, stick to the stable version of the tools which is VS 2012 Update 3.

(also, opening WP7 projects isn't possible with VS 2013)

Super Contributor

what about Visual studio Ultimate preview then ?
    Shall I go with Windows Azure SDK for .NET ?

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    what about Visual studio Ultimate preview then ?
    Shall I go with Windows Azure SDK for .NET ?
    I would recommend Visual Studio 2012, then install Update 3 - NOT the Preview.

And if you want to use Azure, then yes, the Windows Azure SDK.

Nokia Developer Moderator

You may want to check http://developer.nokia.com/Community..._Windows_Phone for getting some impressions about WP+Azure, and then proceed to http://developer.nokia.com/Community..._Notifications which may be rather relevant to what you want.
    Otherwise I do not see where posts #17-#19 come from, why you would replace your tools in the middle of a project with no apparent reason and what it has to do with the topic of this discussion.

Super Contributor

yes you are right but windows azure is asking me credit card details for free trial also for registering with it for mobile services.

Yes, that is correct. As Windows Azure is entirely Microsoft stuff, Nokia can not do much here I am afraid.
    Note that even if you can not get a 'real' credit card, there are debit cards too.

Super Contributor

But Azure is for complete free right ?

Nokia Developer Champion

The trial is free, but it requires a credit card in case you go over your free usage limit - but you can set Azure to not allow that.

So, it won't cost you anything

Azure is not free in general.
    However it has a free 1-month trial (you can try anything), and it has a free offering for Windows Azure Mobile Services as described here: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pr...bile-services/

Super Contributor

ok thank you for the info provided.

Super Contributor

Do you mean in order to push notifications to the users one has to definitely purchase permanent premium mobile service from azure

Do you mean in order to push notifications to the users one has to definitely purchase permanent premium mobile service from azure
    Where have you read that? (I am not in the mood to re-read this complete discussion, but generally I do not remember anyone suggesting such requirement)

Post #26 contains link with information of when you need to purchase standard/premium or when it can be free. Its based on your use-case and needs. That I think you are in the best position to judge.