Discussion Board

How do I get Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition 5.0

I am trying to create themes for my Nokia C3-00.
    If somebody could show me how to obtain Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition 5.0, or link me to a tutorial of how to install the plugins too, please post. I'm getting desperate .

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How do I get Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition 5.0

Do you have any particular problems with 6.0? (That one is downloadable via Resources above, Tools and downloads, Find more tools at the bottom of the page, Carbide.ui under Theme creation - the direct link is https://developer.nokia.com/Resource...er/Carbide.ui/)

I was told that the nokia C3-00 mobile Series 40 only works with that version. I have taken your advice and tried to work with version 6.0, although after installing I could not open it. The shortcut didn't work, nor did the shortcut target. I am using Windows 7.

What do you suggest that I use for Nokia C3-00 themes in specific? Is there a troubleshooting process for Carbide.ui Series 40 Theme Edition 6.0?
    Last edited by MalteserLiam; 2013-09-07 at 00:28. Reason: Adding ? at the end of the question

In detail, what happens is that the splash screen opens up, and closes after around 10 seconds, doing nothing.

I've ran it as administrator and it has loaded up successfully.

The only problem is now is that I need to get hold of a 320x240 template instead of a 240x320. How would I get ahold of this?

I wasn't able to activate the 320x240 template for the Compact set either. What I do is make a copy of the theme, then go into the theme packaging directory and replace the wallpaper and idle screens, the other assets are the same as the standard 240x320 theme (you don't need the Single list graphics though). I actually don't really use the theme editor that much (since it doesn't generate 100% of the elements for some themes), for some things you are better working in the directory direct and edit the theme.xml file. You can zip and rename to .nth and there you have a theme without needing to compile with Carbide.ui - and this theme will work correctly on widescreen devices. Please note that not all zip apps create zip files compatible with Nokia phones, funnily enough I found the built-in zipping in Windows 7 works best - remember to not zip the folder, only the contents.

I wasn't able to activate the 320x240 template for the Compact set either. What I do is make a copy of the theme, then go into the theme packaging directory and replace the wallpaper and idle screens, the other assets are the same as the standard 240x320 theme (you don't need the Single list graphics though). I actually don't really use the theme editor that much (since it doesn't generate 100% of the elements for some themes), for some things you are better working in the directory direct and edit the theme.xml file. You can zip and rename to .nth and there you have a theme without needing to compile with Carbide.ui - and this theme will work correctly on widescreen devices. Please note that not all zip apps create zip files compatible with Nokia phones, funnily enough I found the built-in zipping in Windows 7 works best - remember to not zip the folder, only the contents.

Hi to all,

I have slightly the same problem: with Carbide.ui (Series 40) 6.0 I can choose my Asha 302 (to make new theme) but Carbide says:
    "The resolution 320x240 is not available for Nokia Asha 302, but you can still work on the theme with 240x320 resolution"