Discussion Board

How to include a new root certificate in Nokia phones?

Hello!

We are an austrian root certification authority. Our CA certificate are, among others, include in all Microsoft Operating systems.
    I recently got a complaint from a customer, that his Nokia E90 does not accept his SSL certificate as trustworthy.
    How do I get our certificates included in the root certificate store on Nokia phones? I was looking around for a policy but could not find anything, the Nokia Europe support pointed me then to this forum.

regards
    Mathias Tausig

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to include a new root certificate in Nokia phones?

Hi Mathias,

Nokia does have a centralized root certificate acceptance process. Please contact rootcert dot coordinator at nokia dot com and you will receive guidance regarding the issue.

Best regards,
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2009-09-12 at 12:41. Reason: Typo
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I will contact them.
    cheers

Hi,

We are a CA located in Ankara, Turkey (E-Tugra) and our existing roots are included Microsoft, Mozilla, Apple and etc. We created a new root certificate and we want this new root certificate to be included on Nokia key store. We sent emails to "rootcert dot coordinator at nokia dot com"-"rootcert.coordinator@nokia.com", but most of them are returned with error "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <rootcert.coordinator@nokia.com>". we don't hnow others delivery status. Is this email address continue to be exists or is there a new methot for root inclusion request?

Best Regards
    Davut Tokgöz

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi Davut,

We had some problems with the mail servers last week and some emails were either delayed or lost. I checked with the team in question, they have not received your email, so please send your request again, using the same email address.

Best regards,
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite