Discussion Board

[moved] How to hide Confirmation box appearing on calling platformRequest method.

I am working on Nokia Asha 40 full touch device. I am calling platform request method from my application and it is invoking a confirmation box before going on browser. I want to hide that box because it is showing the url and other information i am sending to server. How to hide this box or is there any other way so i can hide my url and all information.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: [moved] How to hide Confirmation box appearing on calling platformRequest method.

Quote Originally Posted by tauheedalig View Post
    I am working on Nokia Asha 40 full touch device. I am calling platform request method from my application and it is invoking a confirmation box before going on browser. I want to hide that box because it is showing the url and other information i am sending to server. How to hide this box or is there any other way so i can hide my url and all information.
    If you wish to hide these things, I will suggest to use LWUIT BrowserComponent in-place of platform request.

http://lwuit.java.net/nonav/iodocs/c...Component.html
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

Regular Contributor

Re: [moved] How to hide Confirmation box appearing on calling platformRequest method.

Yes.I would also like to add, try shortening the URL using any URL shortening service and send any data u need using POST.This way, it will be difficult than usual for anyone to track which website you are referring to.

Nokia Developer Champion

i faced the same issue if you want to open a link in native browser using platformRequest then there is no way you can avoid that dialog. For me it was passing a streaming link to the browser to stream media !!

Thanks to all for guiding me. But i did not get any solution to my problem. I am working on canvas ,not using LWUIT . Is there any possible way for hiding url and other information in platformrequest method while working on canvas.

Nokia Developer Champion

i will just repeat my lines , platformRequest is not LWUIT or Canvas dependent, so its behavior is going to be same !!

So either you dont user platformRequest or if you use you have to see that dialog !!