Discussion Board

trump001

Question push notification

I want to know that how my app sends the URI which is obtained from MPNS to my cloud service

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: push notification

That is a link back to this thread
    Do you mean GTO_India's "discussion", http://developer.nokia.com/Community...tification-SDK?

Apparently I have a time machine, this one was posted 4 minutes after SB Dev's post...

Nokia Developer Champion

While not right to the point you might find the information you're looking for in this thread: http://developer.nokia.com/Community...h-notification

Aside from that there is no integrated functionality in the OS for doing so, so basically you will have to do a custom request containing your UserId (for the user of the App) and the notification URI to your Cloud service so your service can then contact that user using the URI.

Nokia Developer Champion

@wizard_hu: i've seen that happen as well last week, guess the forum runs on multiple servers and those don't have a synced clock. Only explanation I can think of.

trump001

What I want to know is how to do a custom request containing URI to my Cloud Service.

Quote Originally Posted by SB Dev View Post
    While not right to the point you might find the information you're looking for in this thread: http://developer.nokia.com/Community...h-notification

Aside from that there is no integrated functionality in the OS for doing so, so basically you will have to do a custom request containing your UserId (for the user of the App) and the notification URI to your Cloud service so your service can then contact that user using the URI.

Hi, I have implemented the push notification for chatting pupose...and working fine across windows phone.
    Now I wanted to work this same across ios and android. For my case these 2 plateform used MQTT for push notification. Can we implement the same I.e. push notification in windows phone?
    If this work then my app will work across every os.help needed.
    Or any method to implement that will work across every os?
    Thanks in advance.