Discussion Board

Lightbulb How to connect phone via USB to Qt Creator

Hi, I've searched for this topic but never found a reliable solution. I want to connect my phone via USB to debug the application created by Qt Creator. I have a certificate key (certificate is valid, I've checked in the phone) and everything needed from Nokia but the rest is blurry. I use Qt SDK 4.7.4. What exactly do I need to install in the phone to establish this connection (CODA, TRK)? I use E6-00 with latest firmware (FP1 ?). The TRK .sis files I have in my PC seem not to be compatible with phone (!?). Qt Creator recognized that phone is connected on COM port but the app does not run. Which build steps do I need to add in Qt Creator?

Apologies if my questions are not very clear but I was expecting better installation instructions from Nokia in the first place.

Many thanks.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to connect phone via USB to Qt Creator

have you tried the steaps at: https://developer.nokia.com/Develop/...d/Step_3.xhtml and indeed you should use CODA, and not TRK.

Thanks! The origin of the problem was in my corrupted QtSDK installation. I reinstalled it and now everything works just fine!
    Not linked to this topic but can you give me a hint how to display network operator name? I've enabled "ReadDeviceData" capability but still no success. I'll look for it in the forum now.

Read/WriteDeviceData capabilities require a developer certificate, are you using one?

Yes I do. I don't get any compile error but it simply does not display the sensitive data (e.g. name). Other data is displayed OK. I'm going to run an example to see if that works.

I think those name buffers can sometimes be empty. Thus could indeed be that it works just right.