Discussion Board

Nokia Create Contest - questions and discussion

Hi, I haven't found any discussion related to the "Nokia Create" contest, so I created this one.

http://developer.nokia.com/create/

I have a question regarding the Master missions: Is it possible to submit one app into multiple missions?
    For instance I create unique NFC app, that also works nice together with Windows 8 it could be then submitted both to "NFC Master mission" and "Cross-8 Master mission", is it allowed?
    I would understand if there'll be limit one master price/developer, but we should have the possibility to submit our apps in multiple missions, if the app qualifies into both.

Anyway I really like the idea of this contest. I'm already looking forward to update one of my apps and create another one for master mission, and what about you?
    Last edited by martinsuchan; 2013-09-14 at 11:09. Reason: added link to the contest

Re: Nokia Create Contest - questions and discussion

I haven't got an answer back, but checking the FAQ it says "8. Can I submit the same app to more than one Mission? Usually one app will only fit the brief of one of the Master Missions. ..."

So if this is only a theoretical question, I propose that this is answered :-0 If you have a case that really will fit into more than one master mission then we can pursue further. On that note, according to the FAQ the best way to approach the team is: "You can get in touch with the team via Twitter on @nokiadeveloper. Once you have registered, you will also be able to communicate directly with the team via your Nokia Create submissions portal."

one issue I had was: do you have to make a video - which while being useful takes TIME. unless I just do a screencast of the emulator and be done.
    ideally id like to tell a story with a video and do it properly.

but that will take a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by maclondon View Post
    one issue I had was: do you have to make a video - which while being useful takes TIME. unless I just do a screencast of the emulator and be done.
    ideally id like to tell a story with a video and do it properly.

but that will take a day or two.
    Check the terms and conditions and FAQ if not answered, best place to ask is: "You can get in touch with the team via Twitter on @nokiadeveloper. Once you have registered, you will also be able to communicate directly with the team via your Nokia Create submissions portal."

Yes I could follow this up, but then we'd be playing "Chinese whispers"

Another different question - I got some problems when using the Nokia Create Contest web site:
    - when I enter the page, click "login", do the login process and navigate back to the Nokia Create page, I'm still not logged. Even when I refresh the page.
    - when I click the Enter button on page, I need to login again. Actually I had to create whole new login just for the contest
    - after logging in, I see the this page: https://developer.nokia.com/create/mysubmissions.aspx - I click "Submit new app"
    - when I entered all the data for app submission, I clicked submit and I'm redirected back to this page: https://developer.nokia.com/create/default.aspx?error=1
    - when I go back to https://developer.nokia.com/create/mysubmissions.aspx - there is no submitted app. It looks like the submission/login process is broken somehow!
    Note tested both in Opera 12.15 and latest stable Chrome, same results.

Edit, it's still happening, no matter what I do, I cannot submit my app for the NFC Mini Mission. Every time I enter all required data, I just get:
    https://developer.nokia.com/create/default.aspx?error=1
    Edit2 - I've tried creating new account and submitting my app there, and also selecting different category, still I'm getting this error. I'd really appreciate any feedback here, or at least on Twitter, the deadline almost here.
    Edit3 - I finally made it! The error was in the description field. Although it says that description should be up to 1000 words, it only accepts few lines of text. Keep that in mind.
    Last edited by martinsuchan; 2013-09-25 at 20:21.