Discussion Board

need a help about running in background

i made a nokia Asha app i want make this app to run in background and appear on spacial event how ?? i listen about push registry but i didn't understand how it work

Super Contributor

Re: need a help about running in background

The app isn't truly running in the background (Asha does not support multitasking) but you can launch it using PushRegistry based on SMS or other triggers. Check out wiki articles like Listening_asynchronously_for_incoming_SMS_messages_in_Java_ME, NFC_PushRegistry_launch_and_detect_example and How_to_launch_a_MIDlet_remotely_via_SMS_or_locally_via_an_Alarm_with_PushRegistry_in_Java_ME

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    The app isn't truly running in the background (Asha does not support multitasking) but you can launch it using PushRegistry based on SMS or other triggers. Check out wiki articles like Listening_asynchronously_for_incoming_SMS_messages_in_Java_ME, NFC_PushRegistry_launch_and_detect_example and How_to_launch_a_MIDlet_remotely_via_SMS_or_locally_via_an_Alarm_with_PushRegistry_in_Java_ME
    Hi Hamishwille,

I have some vision with mohamed. I need to handle the notification background in my chat application. But i use nokia asha 305, is push registry support for nokia asha 305 device..?.

Best Regards,
    Iqbal

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by muhamad.iqbal View Post
    Hi Hamishwille,

I have some vision with mohamed. I need to handle the notification background in my chat application. But i use nokia asha 305, is push registry support for nokia asha 305 device..?.

Best Regards,
    Iqbal
    According to the articles I link to it is. YOu can find out easily enough (for sure) by using their test code.