Discussion Board

Question Symbian Application log

Hi!
    I've looked over the Wiki's pages and the f and I couldn't fint an answer for that:
    Is there any log file of the system that record operation time of applications (espically 3th party)?
    I'm looking for a way analyise my apllication operation.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Symbian Application log

Quote Originally Posted by ylahwgjw View Post
    Hi!
    I've looked over the Wiki's pages and the f and I couldn't fint an answer for that:
    Is there any log file of the system that record operation time of applications (espically 3th party)?
    I'm looking for a way analyise my apllication operation.
    Is this what you are looking for http://developer.nokia.com/Community...ebug_log_files

There is no implicit logging, but of course you can add logging to your code. Either with some simple file (RFile, RFileWriteStream), or with the dedicated logging API, RFileLogger (it is a logging-specialized API creating log files into c:\logs - if the folder exists). This latter one records timestamps for the entries as I remember, so you can skip formatting TDateTime stuff into strings, but otherwise it still requires you to add the logger lines into your code.

EDIT: I opened the page before Neil's post, and yes, the referred article can be a good start for using RFileLogger.

Thanks friends for help, but I'm looking for is a log that might be saved as defult
    without external code/program.
    Is there?
    Thanks again!

I just got a feeling that if you are trying/wanting to create logs for some application whose sources you dont have(i.e. its not your application), then you are banging your head on wrong wall..contact the developer/owner of those sources.

Edit: I posted this a long time after the other post (did not edit it as it was too long and I thought if you already have read the post you would miss the edit)..but for some reason this post came before the one posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by ylahwgjw View Post
    I'm looking for is a log that might be saved as defult
    AFAIK there is none like that..debugging in emulator and device using carbide.c++ is the closest if you are talking of default stuff..but that does not create log..you have to monitor visually using breakpoints.

O.K thanks for helping me.