Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to make a submenu in submenu in carbide c++ 2.7

You told to delete your other thread with the same question and an answer saying that you found the solution, and now post the exact same question again.

Did you check the wiki already? There are many articles there which are in this context and useful. Here is one for example http://developer.nokia.com/Community...define_submenu

Edit: The answer is appearing before the question

How to make a submenu in submenu in carbide c++ 2.7

I wonder if i could make a submenu in submenu, and even a submenu in submenu in submenu.

I mean there:

Cheers.

Yes my bad about this deletion, i will try to straight it up. First i wanted to know if i can make subemnus but i also wanted (but i dont know if i asked) how could i attach a function to the menu item (and i found how to make it so i asked for topic deletion), after few minutes i found that i asked another question and wanted to change the post but you were faster ;] So i had to make new one : P

Anyway i awlays search over intrnet for solution but i didin't found it, then i ask here. The funny thing is that i searched wrong keywords then. :X
    Last edited by melepeta; 2013-09-20 at 13:56.

Quote Originally Posted by melepeta View Post
    . The funny thing is that i searched wrong keywords then. :X
    I just used the keywords: sub menus in symbian site: developer.nokia.com first hit was above link even without mentioning Symbian, most hits are still useful!!

I have a problem, i followed instructions on wiki but it does not work. I mean i cant see any changes in options menu, i even modified
    myfprojectfilename.uidesign string table to change existing menu item caption, and it still have the same caption. x_X

When you open the .uidesign(If I remember correctly), the changes you have made in the code gets undone. Thats one thing you can check (Its been a while so dont remember accurately).

Another thing to check is if the resources are built (from the console) and see if the timestamps of your rsc files reflect the time stamp of your latest built (This when your rss file is written in similar fashion as explained in the wiki). I have a feeling that the resource file build, after you made changes, did not succeed.

The UI designer expects almost complete control over your resource files. While in the .cpp editor, the generated code parts are grayed out (because they are surrounded with special remarks), the same may not work with .rss, .rssi, .hrh files and string tables (I do not remember the extension). The generated code parts are re-generated whenever you touch the UI designer. Actually this was the weakest part of Carbide.c++, practically if the UI designer does not support something, it is very difficult to do that in code which is touched by the UI designer.
    You can still generate code with the UI designer, and copy it into an other project (just the code, not the uidesign files). Then you can freely experiment with modifying the parts which would be re-generated otherwise.

thats what i wanted to know. So i will need to make my own gui, oh i wanted to avoid this but i have no choice then :P

thats what i wanted to know. So i will need to make my own gui, oh i wanted to avoid this but i have no choice then :P
    The way I did it was used the ui designer to a point where I could..after that I did manual stuff (like this sub-menu thing) and made sure that I never opened the designer after-that. Sometimes I even went to the extent of deleting the markers that were(these markers you will notice if you open a file, for example the appui.cpp file and observe the file) there in the source files (am not too sure if I used to even delete the .uidesign file) before I commit the sources to the repository. But the whole idea was to do what I can do with uidesign and then leave that file alone forever.

Its the second time the ui desinger deleted my drawing code in container.cpp file ARGHHHH

Its the second time the ui desinger deleted my drawing code in container.cpp file ARGHHHH
    This happens..and if you have coded a lot, then its bigger loss. I would suggest you to go ahead deleting markers atleast if not the uidesign file itself(I do not remember the consequences of the second option, so try it first on a test application before doing it on your main one).