Discussion Board

Is "NOKIA Asha Porting Contest" result out?

I have received a mail saying that I am a winner of "NOKIA Asha Porting Contest". and ask to fill my details on a Google form page. I want to conform that it's not a fake Email. Anybody can help?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Is "NOKIA Asha Porting Contest" result out?

hello SANDEEP,

AFAIK the Nokia Developer team was not involved directly , i think you should contact the support team you might have an email of them !!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SANDEEP SHARMA View Post
    I have received a mail saying that I am a winner of "NOKIA Asha Porting Contest". and ask to fill my details on a Google form page. I want to conform that it's not a fake Email. Anybody can help?
    Since you are the 'winner', there may not be another to confirm what you have received(unless this is a very rampant scam email which I personally have not heard of till now regarding this particular contest). And the people who organize the contest may not necessarily be following this discussion board. While this is weekend, even most of the employees who might try to internally confirm it might not be available. So meanwhle you have one thing to see which is one of the obvious things that one should..where has the email come from ? what email id? Does it look like an official id. Like Gargi says contacting the contest support might be another option.

Regular Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

I received the same mail as well.It was from anshul.madaan@9dot9.in. Some of my friends have received it too.They even got telephone call saying that they have won and were told to expect a mail.So it looks like it is genuine.

Regards,
    Arun.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi, hopefully we can get some official answer for you. If you really are a winner today, you will still be a winner tomorrow, so please wait a little. Phone calls and nice e-mails are exactly how social engineering works, they do not prove anything. 9.9 is a media company, and Nokia does contract media companies, so yes, the answer will probably be that the communications are legit. However if they are not, you would be giving away your personal data some scammer.

This agency/media company IS handling the awards, so the communications should be legitimate.

Nokia Developer Champion

Are you talking about the Asha developer porting contest for the indian developer?
    Jajal Mehul

Quote Originally Posted by james1980 View Post
    Are you talking about the Asha developer porting contest for the indian developer?
    Yes Sir, result of NOKIA Asha Porting Contest for Indian Developer is out. though they haven't mentioned what prize I am going to get.

Nokia Developer Champion

Yes Sir, result of NOKIA Asha Porting Contest for Indian Developer is out. though they haven't mentioned what prize I am going to get.
    Do you have the link for the result? I am not able to find it here.

https://developer.nokia.com/nokia_asha_porting_contest/
    Jajal Mehul

I received a Nokia 501 today from Nine dot Nine media as the 'Prize'. As per the Asha porting contest terms since I published and submitted 7 apps ( 5 before deadline) , I was supposed to receive a Lumia phone, so I am not really sure whether it is for the contest or they are just giving prizes for participation. I have emailed maulshree.tewari@9dot9.in and
    EXT-ASHA.PORT@nokia.com to clarify whether the Nokia Asha phone is for contest or as participation prize. Will keep you all informed if I get a reply.There is no link for result yet

p
    Quote Originally Posted by james1980 View Post
    Do you have the link for the result? I am not able to find it here.

https://developer.nokia.com/nokia_asha_porting_contest/
    Last edited by rselva123; 2013-10-11 at 11:39.

Regular Contributor

The same thing happened to me! I made 12 apps and I got only a 501 phone!!

I got this rather strange reply from anshul.madaan@9dot9.in
    As all of your apps did not qualifies the contest rules of the porting contest so you are eligible to get a Nokia Asha 501 not the Lumia phone.
    After vetting by both Nokia India and Nokia Publish team, the apps were published and I didn't get any email stating that the apps were not in accordance with contest rules till I asked the reason for sending 501.
    Anyway, I have asked what were the problems with the apps. I would really like to know if any of the contestant has received a Lumia. If not, it would prove all were sent Nokia 501 by 9dot9.
    Last edited by rselva123; 2013-10-14 at 05:53.