Discussion Board

Exclamation Rectangle having circles on Corners for cropping image windows phone 7

I am developing a photo app in windows phone 7. I want a Rectangle having circles on corner of it, that will allow the user to resize the rectangle from the corner (circles) and if the user want to Move the rectangle then Drag it in any direction. See the sample below.

I am using this mechanism to Crop the image via this rectangle, You mostly will have seen this type of control in the Image editor especially in iPhone photo apps. I have checked all sample aaps and other ideas on google.com but never seen such type of idea. I also read the Canvas and their manipulation event concept but don't know how to implement and even don't understand that is it used for such mechanism or not? Please a complete source code in this regard may highly be appreciated.

See the Sample figures, you will get the idea, what exactly I want.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Rectangle having circles on Corners for cropping image windows phone 7

A Google search for image crop windows phone brings http://dotnet.dzone.com/articles/cus...opping-windows and http://dotnet.dzone.com/articles/cus...ping-windows-0 as a pretty high ranked hit. It is not exactly what you want, but very close to it. And certainly teaches how draw, handle events and things like that.

Sir, the crop mechanism in your given links I already have used, but what I require is shown in the given figures (Sample 1 & 2), and I want to implement such mechanism, as used in iPhone and other WPF or WinRT. Please give me a close reference of my requirement.

Nokia Developer Champion

Please see the sample images in my question and then refer a sample code and the Idea how to create such control and how to implement it. please! your referred link is not solving my problem, because it included the crop functionality but not exactly what I want.

Nokia Developer Champion

have you test the sample?
    It's not what do crop.xaml page???

Yes, I have checked.

But how it be possible to resize the rectangle from corner (circles) and move the rectangle when hold and drag it. How can I implement this mechanism. Check the iPhone or other sample photo apps in ur mobile, u will get the idea. Please help....! Thankx in advance.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Development is usually about learning and understanding the pieces, and then assembling the whole.
    1) If you are not familiar with touch events at all, I would start with them. MSDN articles like http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...v=vs.105).aspx may help
    2) When you can drag something around, then comes having 4 somethings, forming a rectangle. A Google search for windows phone resize rectangle drag brings some related discussion/ideas, like http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...n-windows-form or http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...o-image-editor
    3) Then comes the crop itself

Thnx alot Sir Wizard_hu_, I got the idea from ur given links, and I also know the touch events, but infact I am new with windows phone, and the examples u given are mostly of winform and other platforms. I think the windows phone is new so very limited resources are available on net for it. But even-though, I want the Windows Phone 7 code regarding such mechanism, If u can help, It will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Nokia Developer Champion

Have begin to develop something?
    What do you not understand?

Thank you Sir, Yan & Wizard, I got alot of points, and now it implemented, I have many modules in my Photo Editor (Windows Phone 7), Next, If I face any problem, then I will post that. Thanks every body.

Here is a sample I made up to demonstrate cropping in Windows Phone that you can reuse - http://lachlankeown.blogspot.com/201...rlight-or.html