Discussion Board

How to integrate flurry analytics in java me

I made s40 app and want to integrate flurry in it.
    I used following code in startapp method
    Code:
    MIDlet m=this;
    FlurryAgent.onStartApp(m,"KEY");          //FlurryAgent.onStartApp(MIDlet, String)
    in destroyapp i m using
    Code:
    FlurryAgent.onDestroyApp();
    in paussapp
    Code:
    FlurryAgent.onPauseApp();
    I built FlurryAgent.jar in my project. When i log in to flurry.com to check analytics it is not showing any progress there ..plz help

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to integrate flurry analytics in java me

i have never used flurry api for javame but doesnt that api gives some logs or some other ways in the midlet itself which says it is sending data to the remote flurry server !!

Re: How to integrate flurry analytics in java me

Hi gaba88, here is the outline of read me i m getting. I m posting it

Integrate this sdk, it will help us get user info about the app.

1. Add the FlurryAgent.jar library to your application

You need to ensure that the classes contained in the FlurryAgent.jar file are included in your application's jar file.

2.Ensure your JAD file has the correct properties

MIDlet-Version
    Flurry will use the value of this field as the name of the version to report analytics under (unless you override it with FlurryAgent.setVersionName).

MIDlet-Permissions
    The Flurry agent uses http to send data reports, so if your target phones require it, include the "javax.microedition.io.Connector.http" permission.

MIDlet-Data-Size
    The agent will store 16KB of data in the record store so that it can report session information during subsequent sessions. It is recommended that you specify a data size of at least 16384 to accomodate this.

3.Add lifecycle calls in your code

Start App
    Insert a call to FlurryAgent.onStartApp(MIDlet, String) to begin a session, passing it a reference to your MIDlet, and your application's API key ["KEY"]. It is recommended to place this call at the beginning of the startApp() method of your MIDlet.

End App
    Insert a call to FlurryAgent.onDestroyApp() to terminate a session. It is recommended to place this call at the end of destroyApp() and immediately before any calls to notifyDestroyed() on your MIDlet.

Pause App
    Insert a call to FlurryAgent.onPauseApp() to pause a session. If onStartSession is called again within 5 minutes, then the existing session will be continued. (This period can be adjusted withFlurryAgent.setContinuePausedSessionMillis). It is recommended to place this call at the beginning of the pauseApp() method and immediately before any calls to notifyPaused() on your MIDlet.
    I have integrated three methods along with the key and built jar well. Still not getting