Discussion Board

Unhappy how to use Connector.open("localmsg://nokia.file-ui")

Hi all.

I'm building a nokia simulator to run a j2me app.
    but that app require some library package of nokia sdk like
    "com.nokia.mid.s40" - I found on the site [removed] , and I can not find on any nokia sdk both s40 and s60
    "com.nokia.mid.impl.jms.core" - I found on S40_5th_Edition_SDK_1_0 sdk

the app start to run. but it run in the wrong logic cause of following line:

Connector.open("localmsg://nokia.file-ui")
    Connector.open("localmsg://nokia.image-processing")
    Connector.open("localmsg://nokia.ui-status")
    Connector.open("localmsg://nokia.profile")

I did alot of search on google but no result. any one who know what is the meaning of this line. or some documentation for com/nokia/mid/s40/io/LocalMessageProtocolMessage
    the connector.open return a LocalMessageProtocolMessage connection.

any info would be appreciated.
    thanks.
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2013-10-11 at 11:47. Reason: removed link to reverse-engineering site

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: how to use Connector.open("localmsg://nokia.file-ui")

????
    Your making an app or a simulator?
    What IDE are you using? eclipse? netbeans?
    what is your target devices? Are you using the correct Nokia SDK (for example SDK 2.0 or new Asha 1.0)

Nokia Developer Moderator

Remember that reverse engineering of Nokia devices and SDK-s is not entirely legal, and as such it is not supported here, so we can not get you documentation of internal classes.
    However when creating a simulator, getting unknown classes is not that frightening: you should only worry about them when the code actually tries to work with those objects. And even then you will know what kind of call is attempted, so you can check the actual arguments for the call and it may turn out that something trivial is happening which you can emulate easily or even ignore.

Smile Re: how to use Connector.open("localmsg://nokia.file-ui")

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shai.i View Post
    ????
    Your making an app or a simulator?
    What IDE are you using? eclipse? netbeans?
    what is your target devices? Are you using the correct Nokia SDK (for example SDK 2.0 or new Asha 1.0)
    I'm making a simulator. I have a app, that can be downloaded from http://store.ovi.com/content/301354
    I tried to find some missing library package in both s40 and s60 sdk but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Remember that reverse engineering of Nokia devices and SDK-s is not entirely legal, and as such it is not supported here, so we can not get you documentation of internal classes.
    However when creating a simulator, getting unknown classes is not that frightening: you should only worry about them when the code actually tries to work with those objects. And even then you will know what kind of call is attempted, so you can check the actual arguments for the call and it may turn out that something trivial is happening which you can emulate easily or even ignore.
    Yes, you are right, I can ignore some class in the way to load the needed class. but if I do so, the app will not run in the correct logic it want to. It's the main problem.
    So, what I want to know is what that class want to do then I can simulate it. I found the app want to open some thing via a call
    Code:
    Connector.open("localmsg://nokia.file-ui")
    the connector return an instance of com.nokia.mid.s40.io.LocalMessageProtocolConnection.
    but I don't know what the LocalMessageProtocolConnection is for and how to implement it. there are not any documentation on the web. but I'm sure that the person who written the app must know.
    when reversing the bytecode, I found that the app did work with com.nokia.mid.s40.codec.DataEncoder and com.nokia.s40.codec.DataDecoder purposely.
    any app which use only j2me api from jsr will work ok on my simulator, but the app which using nokia api will not gonna work.
    How can I implement the missing API?

I know that the internal classes is not public, but the call to Connector.open(str) is not documented.
    I didn't find what is the meaning of "localmsg://nokia.file-ui". the one who written the app must know what it is. But unfortunately, I didn't know.

please send me any information via truong1990vn@yahoo.com.vn

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by harunaga; 2013-10-11 at 13:33.

the Connector.open() is documented that using the url from rfc2396.
    but I didn't find any info related to localmsg://nokia
    I think it's not fair for the 3rd party

I found the api for com.nokia.mid.impl.jms.file.File is in cldc.jar library of s40 5th edition.
    But not ducumentation. I can use that api with adding the sdk library to netbeans.
    Could you just give me the documentation of the library please ???
    or documentation of com.nokia.mid.s40.io.LocalMessageProtocolConnection is kindly appreciated.
    thanks.

sorry because I cannot remove my post

Even a long-term Champions like me, does not get it. Ask via a paid support ticket, if you really really need it (and state why you need it). Do not hope too much!