Discussion Board

Way to get a Phone Background theme when designing a UserControl

Good day, When designing a page layout for windows phone, you get the Phone Background theme(if i may call it that) which makes it easier to position widgets from the toolbox correctly. Now is there a way i can get this phone background theme when Creating a UserControl. My Plan is to have a number of UserControls Layouts which i would like to switch between and use, but i would like to have that background so that it can be easier to position things correctly. Right now, its just trial and error, editing the UserControl views and checking to see if they layout correctly in the phone theme or is there a way i can turn a phone page layout to a UserControl?

I hope i made myself clear. Thanks in advance.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Way to get a Phone Background theme when designing a UserControl

Quote Originally Posted by iparrot View Post
    Good day, When designing a page layout for windows phone, you get the Phone Background theme(if i may call it that) which makes it easier to position widgets from the toolbox correctly. Now is there a way i can get this phone background theme when Creating a UserControl. My Plan is to have a number of UserControls Layouts which i would like to switch between and use, but i would like to have that background so that it can be easier to position things correctly. Right now, its just trial and error, editing the UserControl views and checking to see if they layout correctly in the phone theme or is there a way i can turn a phone page layout to a UserControl?

I hope i made myself clear. Thanks in advance.
    Hello,

Code:
    Visibility LightThemeVisibility = (Visibility)Resources["PhoneLightThemeVisibility"];
    Visibility DarkThemeVisibility = (Visibility)Resources["PhoneDarkThemeVisibility"];
    there a Resource for each theme, if the phones uses the Light Theme then Resources["PhoneLightThemeVisibility"] equals Visible and Resources["PhoneDarkThemeVisibility"] equals Collapsed

hope this is what you were searching for
    Yassine,

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Way to get a Phone Background theme when designing a UserControl