Discussion Board

Asha501_BackButtonIssue_EvenFor_LiveApps

Hi,

I had developed apps for Asha 501 device.I had implemented all the basic code for the hardware back button functionality.The application is running fine on my sdk and handset i.e the back button works as a back throughout the application except on landing page.

but when we upload the build, every time we are getting the same following response from QA:
    "ACTUAL RESULT: The Back button works only as exit when trying to return to the previous screen".

Also,we had also some live apps on ovi store for Asha 501 device with the same basic code but now suddenly you guys start rejecting the apps with above mentioned error.Please suggest how to fix this issue.

Thanks and Regards:
    Sheenam Goyal | Software Developer
    TPF Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Noida.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Asha501_BackButtonIssue_EvenFor_LiveApps

Check if this recent discussion about Back key behaviour gives some ideas: http://developer.nokia.com/Community...Back-key-issue

Hello Sheenam,

Is it a WebApp? (There is another forum for WebApps.)
    Maybe you forgot one page, where you have not implemented the back handler?
    If you verified it, you should contact support.
    You find the address when you log in to the Nokia publish tool http://support.publish.nokia.com/

Regards

Karsten Meier

Hi,

Its not a web app, its actually a game.I had cross check all the pages,if we are pressing or tapping once the hardware back button on my real device, the app is moving to the back screen, but if we are pressing long the hardware back button,then it asks to close the app. Is this is the issue? if yes then please suggest how to fix it.

I had also contact nokia support "developer.support@nokia.com" but they are saying to ask this in discussion board.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sheenam_goyal View Post
    If we are pressing long the hardware back button,then it asks to close the app.
    I do not think this is the issue because there is no solution for this (as explained in the other thread). You have to get back to Store QA team and ask them for videos or anything else. We cannot fix something like this, here.

In the Asha-UI-Guideline they told us that the long button press is intended to quit the current app:

Pressing and holding the back key in any view will close the current application and go directly to the previously visited main screen.
    So maybe the tester has not understood this. Maybe there is some other issue, where for some specific conditions you have not handled normal back key. Either way you need to ask for more information.

Regards

Karsten Meier