Discussion Board

WP App studio to VS Express

I recently started developing some apps in Windows Phone App studio, but now I want to make some UI changes, for example font size etc. I opened my solution in VS Express but I need some tips, for example in which file I need to change code for changing font, to re-design 'About' page, to customize 'app bar' at the bottom... If someone can give me some tips, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Re: WP App studio to VS Express

Well, for starters you need to give more information. The tips you need can easily be found on the internet or by reading some Windows Phone development book.

Do you know how to write XAML? Do you at least know how to edit properties in the designer? If not, I suggest you pick up some Windows Phone book and start reading. Or you can add some more specific question.

Because the answer to your questions is: by editing the XAML.

I know some basics about XAML. Do you recommend any book?

If you know some basics, then you should have no trouble adjusting the XAML a bit. Do you have something specific which you are unable to find either by looking yourself or on the internet?

Well as I said before, I want to make some basic UI changes in app (font, font color etc.). But also I want to learn how to develop WP apps from scratch (do you recommend any book?). Ti si iz Zagreba?

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by croivo View Post
    Well as I said before, I want to make some basic UI changes in app (font, font color etc.). But also I want to learn how to develop WP apps from scratch (do you recommend any book?). Ti si iz Zagreba?
    There are some great video options too...

For beginners - http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Wind...lute-Beginners

For more advanced (or existing) WP developers - http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Buil...e-8-Jump-Start

Thanks.
    I have another question: I've made simple RSS reader app in App Studio, and what I want is when user tap on article's title it opens article inside web browser but inside application. I added webbrowser element to MyRSSFeed_Detail.xaml, but what should I write for browser's source to open link that is connected with article (for example, www.mypage.com/article52.php)?