Discussion Board

Missing Authentication Parameters Status 401

Hey guys,

I'm developing an application in which I'm using HERE Maps API. I'm trying to get a list of Petrol Stations from the user current location. I'm using the following URL:

Code:
    http://places.nlp.nokia.com/places/v1/discover/search?at=28.6100,77.2300&q=petrol&size=20&tf=plain&app_code=XXXXXXXXXX&app_id=XXXXXXXXXXX
    I'm getting a valid response if I'm viewing it on my laptop's browser, however, when I'm debugging my application code, I'm receiving

Code:
    {"message":"Missing authentication parameters","status":401}

Could anyone please let me know where I'm going wrong or what is it that I need to change?

P.S. If you'd like to test, please replace the app_code and app_id parameters.

Regular Contributor

Re: Missing Authentication Parameters Status 401

Questions about the Restful Places API should be sent to StackOverflow - you will get a better response rate there.

I've tried your URL anyway and I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Make sure you have the app_id and app_code the right way around. Reversing them gives a 401 response.
    2. If you are using the demo app_id and app_code, you must use the CIT environment - The base URL starts http://places.cit.api.here.com - failure to do this may give a 403 response.
    3. Ensure that there are no unwanted spaces within your URL - these will be interpreted as %20 so you may have parameters such as %20app_code rather than app_code

Re: Missing Authentication Parameters Status 401

Thanks for the reply