Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

NokiaMusic SDK for WP7 (Urgent)

Hey,

I have a wp7 project app that cannot migrate to wp8 project since it uses xna rendering.
    I wanted to add NokiaMusic to it so i looked over at the API test app http://developer.nokia.com/Resources...-test-app.html
    on the bottom it clearly shows 2 xaps one for wp7.5 and one for wp8 and it says that the code is hosted on github so i went over to github and only saw the wp8 project
    and when i try to install the NokiaMusic package from NuGet it fails due to the project not being wp8.

I'm completly stuck is there a wp7 sdk for Nokia music at all?
    or is that wp7 app was build with the rest api? even if so where is its source?

Thanks,
    Shai

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: NokiaMusic SDK for WP7 (Urgent)

The answer to your question is on GitHub project's release history (in readme.md) where version 3.0 is listed as dropping support for Windows Phone 7.
    Luckily NuGet does support older library versions as well, so the following two commands should be what you need (run them in the NuGet console):
    • Get-Package -ListAvailable -Filter NokiaMusic -AllVersions - find all versions of the package NokiaMusic
    • Install-Package NokiaMusic -Version 2.4.0 - install the version you need

Code:
    Type 'get-help NuGet' to see all available NuGet commands.

Package Manager Console Host Version 2.0.30717.9005

Type 'get-help NuGet' to see all available NuGet commands.

PM> Get-Package -ListAvailable -Filter NokiaMusic -AllVersions

Id                             Version              Description/Release Notes                                                                                                   
    --                             -------              -------------------------                                                                                                   
    NokiaMusic                     1.0.1                The Nokia Music Windows Phone API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone applicaton with Nokia Music on Nokia Lumia...
    NokiaMusic                     1.0.2                The Nokia Music Windows Phone API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone applicaton with Nokia Music on Nokia Lumia...
    NokiaMusic                     1.0.3                The Nokia Music Windows Phone API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone applicaton with Nokia Music on Nokia Lumia...
    NokiaMusic                     1.0.4                The Nokia Music Windows Phone API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone applicaton with Nokia Music on Nokia Lumia...
    NokiaMusic                     1.0.5                The Nokia Music Windows Phone API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone applicaton with Nokia Music on Nokia Lumia...
    NokiaMusic                     1.0.6                The Nokia Music Windows Phone API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone applicaton with Nokia Music on Nokia Lumia...
    NokiaMusic                     1.0.7                The Nokia Music Windows Phone API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone applicaton with Nokia Music on Nokia Lumia...
    NokiaMusic                     1.0.8                The Nokia Music Windows Phone API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone applicaton with Nokia Music on Nokia Lumia...
    NokiaMusic                     1.0.9                The Nokia Music Windows Phone API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone applicaton with Nokia Music on Nokia Lumia...
    NokiaMusic                     1.1.0                The Nokia Music Windows Phone API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone applicaton with Nokia Music on Nokia Lumia...
    NokiaMusic                     2.0.0                The Nokia Music API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone or Windows 8 applicaton with Nokia Music. The API offers...
    NokiaMusic                     2.1.0                The Nokia Music API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone or Windows 8 applicaton with Nokia Music. The API offers...
    NokiaMusic                     2.2.0                The Nokia Music API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone or Windows 8 applicaton with Nokia Music. The API offers...
    NokiaMusic                     2.3.0                The Nokia Music API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone or Windows 8 applicaton with Nokia Music. The API offers...
    NokiaMusic                     2.4.0                The Nokia Music API lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone or Windows 8 applicaton with Nokia Music. The API offers...
    NokiaMusic                     3.0.0                The Nokia Music SDK lets you easily integrate your Windows Phone or Windows 8 applicaton with Nokia Music. The SDK offers...

PM> Install-Package NokiaMusic -Version 2.4.0 
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Newtonsoft.Json (≥ 4.5.11)'.
    Successfully installed 'Newtonsoft.Json 4.5.11'.
    Successfully installed 'NokiaMusic 2.4.0'.
    Successfully added 'Newtonsoft.Json 4.5.11' to MusicWP7.
    Successfully added 'NokiaMusic 2.4.0' to MusicWP7.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

Thank you so much Lucian, you're the best!
    I'll go test it out right now.

Nokia Developer Champion

there was actually a dependecy that was missing when installing via NuGet, the SharpGIS.GZipWebClient wasnt included and took me a bit of time to figure it out (feel free to pass that info to the project manager).
    I have an issue that trying to launc the playmix task doesnt get me to the actual mix on the NokiaMusic app but rather just open it up, this also happen on the Nokia music explorer API app for wp8 that i've tested.
    I dont know if thats because i'm in a country that isnt supported in Nokia Music (though i set my region to UK)
    What are your thoughts Lucian?

Quote Originally Posted by shai.i View Post
    I dont know if thats because i'm in a country that isnt supported in Nokia Music (though i set my region to UK)
    Service providers are not entirely dumb, it is more likely that your IP address is checked, not your device settings.

Nokia Developer Champion

Obviously, but when i load the Nokia Music app as a standalone i can get into those mixes and play them.

Hi Shai, I develop the Music API... I'm a bit confused as to what the problem is here as you started saying that you're on WP7, in which case the Launchers are not really available and later you're saying about WP8, so let me know if I've misunderstood in my attempt to answer!...
    All the API can do within the context of your app is make an educated guess at the region your phone has set - in your case you're saying UK. When you launch the Nokia Music app, it uses various lower-level information we can access as an OEM - e.g. details from the SIM card or your Nokia Account (if you are signed in) - to get a more accurate picture of where you are. So my question is what country is your SIM card for?
    Regards,
    Steve

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi Steve,

Let me try and clarify all.
    I have a wp project that uses XNA as such the project cannot be upgraded to WP8 only project so the target platform remains 7.1
    I wanted to add to that app some interaction with NokiaMusic SDK as i wrote in my original message and Lucian was kind enough to help me get the last SDK version which supported WP7, since i cant integrate version 3.0 to my project.
    There was one dependency that was missing in the installation which is SharpGIS.GZipWebClient which you should add to the NuGet installation.

Now for my troubleshoot with the actual use of the SDK, I integrated the SDK and had some code re-used from the NokiaMusic explorer API sample project integrated into my app so i can now from my app get all the mix groups type and get all the mixes of a group and display them (just as you can do with the explorer API test app) so far so good.
    The phones i'm testing my app on are Lumia 920 and Lumia 800 Since even though my project app is wp7 it can run under wp8 device with out any problems, the phones do not have any SIM card in them and are both set to region UK and only uses WIFI connection.
    So to continue with my app flow once the user select a specific mix the app will try to play that mix via the playmixtask with the mix id, what follows after is that the NokiaMusic app is launched BUT it does not lead to that specific mix but rather stays on the main page, (the same thing happens when using the explorer API test app).

I hope that clarify thing, if you need further information i'de be happy to provide it via skype or anything else.

Shai

Hi, thanks for the clarification, that helps!
    As you're using the WP7 SDK and your app is running as a WP7 app (even on WP8), it can't launch the Nokia Music app directly, all it can do is launch our web site (due to lack of app-to-app API availability)... our web site is then detecting that you are in fact on WP8 and redirecting to the app.
    Now the problem here is that our web site does not support linking to play mixes at this time - it will officially work properly by the end of November.
    Today, if you change your code from using the PlayMixTask.Play or Mix.Play methods (I don't know which you are using) and instead use:

WebBrowserTask web = new WebBrowserTask();
    web.Uri = "http://music.nokia.com/mixes/{mix-id}";
    web.Show();

...you will get what you need from us

However, please bear in mind that if you do this on WP7, the web playback is not completed yet and may not work as expected until the end of November.

Regards,
    Steve

Super Contributor

FYI, this post has been featured.

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi Steve,

So i checked your method with using Webbrowser to launch the browser with the mix url and i'm afraid it doesnt work i get a white page with the text "Irrecoverable exception" this was tested on WP7.5 device that has Nokia Music app installed.
    Also the previous code i used was PlayMixTask.Show and not PlayMixTask.Play (this method is not available in the 2.4 sdk version)
    One more thing as a side note, you said that the 2.4 version aka the wp7 version always launch the browser even on wp8 but when i run the app on wp8 and using the PlayMixTask.Show call i dont see the web browser getting open but rather i see directly the NokiaMusic app being open (just not on the selected mix page)

Hi Shai,
    yes, sorry I remembered the PlayMixTask.Show() method incorrectly as Play().
    Regarding the web browser not appearing, maybe the OS is hiding the browser as the redirection is happening quickly.
    On 7.5, can you send me an email with a screenshot and the URL you ended up with to steve.robbins @ nokia.com?
    Thanks,
    Steve