Discussion Board

Did the Nokia Premium Developer Program for Lumia End Prematurely?

I'm a new member here and have been looking at joining the Nokia Premium Developer program for Lumia.
    I've been trialling the Telerik RadControls over the last few weeks to evaluate things, but obviously it makes more sense to spend $99 to join the Nokia Premium Developer program which would give me more than just the Telerik controls for the same price. The Buddy.com feature was of particular interest to me, and I was already building an app using the Telerik controls (in trial mode).

On your webpage for the Premium Program (http://developer.nokia.com/Developer..._program.xhtml) it mentioned the offer was open until 31st October 2013, yet I discover today that the page no longer exists and you no longer offer the program. You've discontinued it in favour of the new Nokia Developer Offers.
    While I can certainly see how the new Nokia Developer Offers are fantastic for many people, I do not yet meet the requirements to qualify for these tools (I need two existing apps in the market place). To make matters worse, the app I'm currently working on which I plan to put to market is using the trial version of the Telerik RadControls so I can't finish and publish it unless I purchase the controls, which then makes getting the controls for free unnecessary. It's a catch-22.
    I'm also somewhat disappointed that the new Nokia Developer Offers no longer offer the cloud services of Buddy.com. I had plans to incorporate some of these functions into my next app.
    Had the Nokia Premium Developer program for Lumia continued until 31st October then this wouldn't have been a problem for me as I was planning on purchasing it before that date.

One of the good things about the Nokia Premium Developer program for Lumia was that it was available to those people building their first WP apps, even if it did cost $99 (which is perfectly reasonable).
    While I applaud you for your continued support of developers and the new Nokia Developer Offers are a brilliant help to those people who qualify (and for FREE which is amazing), they are no help to people in my position.

I understand that you only want to give away the tools to serious developers because it no doubt costs Nokia money to provide these offers, but can I suggest an option that allows people an option to pay a fee in order to waive the two-app requirement you have on the Nokia Developer Offers. That way the offers could be open to all developers but you wouldn't be wasting money on subsidising those people who may never publish apps.

If it is still possible to join up the Nokia Premium Developer Program then I'd love to hear about it please. Otherwise as it stands I may have to spend $99 on the Telerik controls directly instead, or put my current project on hold until I publish a couple of quick-and-nasty App Studio apps just to meet the requirements for the Nokia Developer Offers. I'd rather not do this.

Re: Did the Nokia Premium Developer Program for Lumia End Prematurely?

I have responded to this via a direct email (to the account you used to register to this site)