Discussion Board

Not Able to play Live Streaming Video.

Hi

I download example from http://developer.nokia.com/Community...treamingTV.zip link.

Include MultimediaDD capabilitu and Build for Emulator.
    After I try to run on 3rd FP2 and 5th emulator but getting panic i.e. 3rd Edition: closed Emulator, In 5th panic: Application Closed:MMFControllerProxyServer-de ALLOC:4622024c0

I tried following links:
    rtsp://115.248.246.156:554/DISCOVERYCHANNEL_QVGA.sdp
    rtsp://a1144.v84474f.c84474.g.vq.akamaistream.net/7/1144/84474/4d7d58bb/akm-delivery.hungama.com/AkamaiDelivery/delivery/ms15_50125135.mp4
    rtsp://46.249.213.87:554/playlists/aajtak_hvga.hpl.3gp
    rtsp://real.ucar.edu/mms/eol/nsfuw/guy-brasseur.mp4

set in Emulator settings: Proxy->NO and Network->set default connection "winsock", lowest UDP PORT:6970 and highest UDP Port:32000

also read mostly post from this site, like:http://developer.nokia.com/Community...-mobiles/page2

but not able to play any links.

Please help me when I am going to wrong?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Not Able to play Live Streaming Video.

Did you tried playing on a real device (also do cross check playing these rtsp links manually on device's real player)

Hi thanks for reply

I will try to playing rtsp links manually on device's Real Player, because of currently Our company do not have any developer certificate for use restricted APIs for test this example application on real device.

Nokia Developer Champion

Restricted API's?, did you meant capability- MultimediaDD , well this is not at all required to live stream the video. You can use the developer certificate you have (which has the enough capabilities to run the app) or i think a self signed app will also be able to live stream the video.

Hi

I tested on real device (3rd edition FP1) also but not able to play any links, display message like: "Unable to connect"

I test links with wi-fi connection in offline mode.

LiveStreamingTV.zip Example includes "LocalServices Location MultimediaDD NetworkControl NetworkServices ReadDeviceData ReadUserData SwEvent UserEnvironment WriteDeviceData WriteUserData" capabilities and this link http://developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Capabilities says that MultimediaDD NetworkControl require Certified Signed.

Nokia Developer Champion

I am 100% sure, MultimediaDD or any other capability which require special signing is not at all required.

If the device's real player isn't able to play the links then chances are unlikely you'll be able to play those in your app( as internally the Symbian video playing API's use device's real player only). A test you could do is , check with the network/proxy settings for the real player (i.e. setting the access points correctly, increase the bandwidth to max etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    I am 100% sure, MultimediaDD or any other capability which require special signing is not at all required.

If the device's real player isn't able to play the links then chances are unlikely you'll be able to play those in your app( as internally the Symbian video playing API's use device's real player only). A test you could do is , check with the network/proxy settings for the real player (i.e. setting the access points correctly, increase the bandwidth to max etc.)

Ok, I remove these MultimediaDD NetworkControl two capability from application and try to check rstp links.

I anybody has any RTSP working link than please give for testing purpose, I need too much for application.

Thanks

Yes, Now I am able to play streaming video

I removed MultimediaDD NetworkControl both capability and try to run on real device with SIM card(need balance) and able to play successfully.

thanks for help.