Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Cool How to change the Application name or the Title and Application package or .xap name

How to change the Application name or the Title and Application package or .xap name.

Using c# with Microsoft Visual studio 2010 Express fow windows phone ?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to change the Application name or the Title and Application package or .xap n

The name of the .XAP is normally based on the name of the Project - but this isn't the name of the app that the users sees. That is controlled by the App manifest file...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...lications-name

More about all the various options in the App manifest... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...v=vs.105).aspx

Regular Contributor

Cool Re: How to change the Application name or the Title and Application package or .xap n

How to build a xap file and change the name of the xap file.

I mean packaging the xap file .

Thank You I have succesfully changed the name of my Application using WMAppManifest.xml

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: How to change the Application name or the Title and Application package or .xap n

Hi waiting for the reply to my query for building or creating xap file etc.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Have you tried building the project perhaps? Look into the various output folders in your project afterwards.

Regular Contributor

Yes Thank You I found the xap file in Debug folder under bin folder of my project.

What if I want change the name of the xap file?

Nokia Developer Champion

The only way to change the name of the .XAP file would be write a script which runs after the build process is complete (post-build step).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...v=vs.110).aspx

Shravan (SKUMAR or Gto_India) waiting for this long does not necessarily mean that he is looking for something complicated. It could be as simple as perhaps http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...v=vs.110).aspx

The .xap is actually a .zip file. You can freely rename it. Also, if you open Project/Properties, there may be an explicit line right on the first page saying "Xap file name". You have not mentioned platform and tool, so I checked a WP7 project with VS2010.
    Edit: sorry, you mentioned VS2010, then this is the way. It still remains fantastic that you rather wait for a full day instead of trying the most trivial thing.

Regular Contributor

The only thing Now I could not understand is:

Yes In order to edit the Application page From Projects->Properties-> Application to change the XAP name

I have to Check or select the check box called" Allow Unsafe Code"

Please guide How to select the check box

If I can directly Edit please tell how if thee is any other easy was as said by some one in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SKUMAR View Post
    ..if thee is any other easy was as said by some one in this thread.
    How much easier than do you want it to be? Now only thing remaining would be to hire somebody to do couple of mouse clicks and type-in the name

Regarding the same unsafe..Its your code, so you should know, but here is what you need to know http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/chfa2zb8.aspx
    (I used a search engine to get that link..matter of few seconds really..just had to copy your text " Allow Unsafe Code" thats all into the search text area...this too cant be easier than that )