Discussion Board

Angry "Tools" category not displaying items assigned to it in Store

Hey,
    it seems some apps assigned to the "Tools" category are currently not displayed correctly in the store.
    For example, QuickBar which was updated last tuesday does NOT show in the NEW section (which it did until the update).
    This is strongly affecting sales, please fix asap!

Re: "Tools" category not displaying items assigned to it in Store

EDIT : this is clear why it is happening : the mapped category to the item from my developer panel reads "Applications - Tools" but this category does not show anywhere on the Store!
    So there is a HEAVY BUG in the store atm. Congratulations Nokia Store, you leave with a blast it seems

EDIT #2 :

[devpanel-category]
    These categories reflect a planned recategorisation in Nokia Store. Until then, the old categories will be displayed in the store.

For example, the Books category will appear under Entertainment in Nokia Store until a new version of the store, supporting the recategorisation, is released.
    [/devpanel-category]

this explains exactly what is happening. Do we have an ETA for the new version of the store yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tkastlunger View Post
    EDIT #2 :

These categories reflect a planned recategorisation in Nokia Store. Until then, the old categories will be displayed in the store.

For example, the Books category will appear under Entertainment in Nokia Store until a new version of the store, supporting the recategorisation, is released.
    Nokia already display that for at least 3 years but never happen.This is why nokia failed.Everything they have planned never materialise.There have been no change to nokia store other than small change that inconvenience like delete download history is gone.The only great feature I see is operator billing which no other app store can provide and this great for both developers with more buyers and users can buy easily without credit card.

Apart of the fact that this now sucks, my App is consequently not visible anymore - and that is my main concern

Unhappy Nokia Store Not Working For Symbian Application.

From more than Two days all the applications which was previously designed for Symbian phones an especially in Entertainment and Tools category disappeared from the store. When I cross checked the items can be searched and can be visible as a only part of search result. In normal browsing all the apps are disappeared. Even in search result if we point on the parent location. i.e Application->Entertainment and when we click it shows sorry item cannot be found.
    A very serious issue.
    Hope for the positive solutions from NOKIA.

Regards,

*BUMP* can someone from Nokia comment on this please or has the support level being dropped to SILENCE?