Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Thumbs up How to develop interactive HTML page in j2me?

HI all,

Please help me ..

My requirement is I am having a listof HTML5 page which i can place in resource folder. I need to show a main login (in HTML5) page using J2me code.
    User will enter his/her credential for loging in. After the validation of the credentials using J2me code, i need to show another page coresspondingly.
    so, i have to get data from html page and also need to set few values in the HTML page using J2me.
    One thing i should keep in mind ,that it should work in series 40 and series 60 mobiles , and both in touch and non-touch mobile too..
    Also provide is there any cross plotform porting option available (like porting to android)..

Please help in this..
    Awaiting reply.
    Thanks in advance.

Ayyanar V

Regular Contributor

Re: How to develop interactive HTML page in j2me?

Hi

J2ME doesnot support HTML 5. I would recommend you to check out Web app development : https://developer.nokia.com/Develop/...eb/tools.xhtml

Another way would be is to use LWUIT,It has a HTML Component which you can use to build your app.Do note that there are lot of restrictions in it (Javascript is not supported as far as I know. Only a subset of CSS is supported)

Codename One is a solution which is similar to LWUIT and using that, you will be able to port your app to Android,WP and IOS.

Regular Contributor

Dear Arunkam,

Thanks for the reply.

I have one more question. tell me if i develop app using LWUIT will it work in both touch and non-touch mobile?

Also I have tried using LWUIT jar(download the latest version from oracle version 5), it shows error when am using HTML component class.
    Please Provide me the link to get the jar..Also provide me the tutorial for developing web app using LWUIT.

Last query, I here Codename one is not a freeware. Clarify me wether i can use it for free for porting the app?

expecting ur reply ..
    please reply me as soon as possible bcause my deadline is end of today...i need to tell them whether i work out or not..

Thanks in advance.

Regular Contributor

Hi

LWUIT supports both Touch and Non Touch Devices.I have not encountered error while using HTML Component.What error are you getting ?

You can download LWUIT From here : http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...uit/index.html

There is a specific optimized version of LWUIT which will work better on Nokia S40 phones.I recommend you to use that for development.LWUIT for S40 comes along with the Asha SDK under plugins directory.You can also download it seperately here
    https://projects.developer.nokia.com..._for_Series_40

Before proceeding to build an app using HTML Component, have you tried the Web App Tools for Nokia Asha ? It will make the process very easy. LWUIT was not designed to be used as a platform for building HTML based apps.

Codename one is not fully free.But you get to submit 100 builds into their cloud server for free every month.The build server will handle the porting work for you.You can also try building your app offline all by yourself as Codename One is open source .

Regular Contributor

HI Arun
    Thanks for the reply.

The same version of LWUIT i tried. I included the jar in eclipse proj. When i am extending that i was getting error "No class def".Only class inside web package were showing error i am trying to use.

ALso I have not tried with web tools for nokia Asha. Let me check and reply.

Thanks once again for your valuable information at right time.

Regards
    Ayyanar