Discussion Board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Re: Iam able to show ADS using Advertizing SDK from pub center and only with test val

Now I have implemented

https://inneractive.jira.com/wiki/di...SDK+guidelines

But Unable to show ADS on the emulator

Ads are not showing I have created App ID at inneractive also.
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-11-07 at 14:58.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Iam able to show ADS using Advertizing SDK from pub center and only with test val

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post

Even If I have a WP7 app Can I change it to WP 8 App ?
    This has been discussed in very great detail with you in your other thread

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    https://inneractive.jira.com/wiki/di...SDK+guidelines

But Unable to show ADS on the emulator
    In the link that you provide, there are couple of 'notes' regarding emulator, have you checked that?

Besides that, in this same thread post #4 you have been already advised to test it on actual device rather than an emulator.

Super Contributor

Ok Thank you

I will check on my lumia 800 and update you.

Super Contributor

Thank You Now Iam able to show the inneractive Banner AD in my App.

Can i show two or three ADS in one App.

For example I want to show a Interstitial AD i.e

IaAdType_Interstitial AD at te starting of the App as splashscreen or welcome screen and also a Banner Ad on the main page of the app.
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-11-11 at 11:31.

Nokia Developer Champion

Shouldn't be a problem technically speaking. The question is wether this is acceptable for the users. Inneractive also has a guideline on placement of Ads that might interest you.

Super Contributor

If Yes I want to get more revenue for my company

Please guide me How?

Only 2 ADS

one at the starting of the App

Another as the Banner Ad on the main page

Nokia Developer Champion

This is the document on the Ad placement strategy: https://inneractive.jira.com/wiki/di...ement+Strategy

Aside from that you already are able to display a banner ad. Basically you just do the same for the Interstitial Ad but define that you want one of those.

Super Contributor

How to show or define width and height of the interstitial AD then

optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_OptionalAdWidth, "320"); //ad width
    optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_OptionalAdHeight, "53"); //add height

IaLocationClass iaLocation = new IaLocationClass();
    iaLocation.Done += new System.EventHandler<IaLocationEventArgs>(iaLocation_Done);
    iaLocation.StartWatchLocation();
    /* if (!InneractiveAd.DisplayAd("Synergy_MyWinApp_WP", InneractiveAd.IaAdType.IaAdType_Banner, ContentPanel, 60, optionalParams))
    {
    MessageBox.Show("This application is free but requires an internet connection. Please configure your connectivity settings and retry.");
    NavigationService.GoBack();
    } */

if (optionalParams != null && nax_control.Children.Count() == 0)
    {
    InneractiveAd iaBanner = new InneractiveAd("Synergy_MyWinApp_WP", InneractiveAd.IaAdType.IaAdType_Banner, 30, optionalParams);
    InneractiveAd iaInterstitialBanner = new InneractiveAd("Synergy_MyWinApp_WP", InneractiveAd.IaAdType.IaAdType_Interstitial, 30, optionalParams);
    nax_control.Children.Add(iaBanner);
    nax_control.Children.Add(iaInterstitialBanner);
    }

Nokia Developer Champion

The answer is actually on the page you linked us to previously - the Windows Phone 8 SDK guidelines. There is a "List of supported Ad sizes" there which shows the interstitial Ad to have the size 320x480.

Super Contributor

My question is How and where to show both

Can I show like

optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_OptionalAdWidth, "320"); //ad width
    optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_OptionalAdHeight, "480"); //add height

optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_OptionalAdHeight, "53"); //add height

But it is giving Error

Nokia Developer Champion

First you'd show the interstitial ad upon launch (perhaps the OnNavigatedTo Method would be a good place?).

You could then add the banner ad when the interstitial ad is closed (there are lifecycle events on the ad controls).

Super Contributor

Want to show a Interstitial Ad and a Banner Ad in a single app

Please guide me How ?

private void MainPage_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
    if (DeviceNetworkInformation.IsNetworkAvailable)
    {
    // Watch location
    IaLocationClass iaLocation = new IaLocationClass();
    iaLocation.Done += new System.EventHandler<IaLocationEventArgs>(iaLocation_Done);
    iaLocation.StartWatchLocation();

optionalParams = new Dictionary<InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams, string>();
    optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_OptionalAdWidth, "300"); //ad width
    optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_OptionalAdHeight, "250"); //add height
    }

//Show Add Banner. Remarks: pay attention to use Application Id from NAX
    //nax_control.Childred.Count()==0 => just to add one banner control on a page. Without this, code would add as many banners as you navigate to page where banner is placed
    if (optionalParams != null && nax_control.Children.Count() == 0)
    {

InneractiveAd iaBanner = new InneractiveAd("GlobalTakeoffInc_Yupp_WP", InneractiveAd.IaAdType.IaAdType_Banner, 30, optionalParams);
    nax_control.Children.Add(iaBanner);

InneractiveAd iaInterstitial = new InneractiveAd("GlobalTakeoffInc_Yupp_WP", InneractiveAd.IaAdType.IaAdType_Interstitial, 30, optionalParams);
    nax_control.Children.Add(iaInterstitial);
    }
    }

Now Iam able to show only Interstitial ad at the begining of the App and banner AD is not visible but a rectangular block of 300*250 is appearing.

Exaplain or fix it with code pls
    Last edited by GTO_India; 2013-11-12 at 20:32.

Super Contributor

SB Dev give me Idea How to show both Interstitial Ad and Banner AD in a same App

Nokia Developer Champion

I'm using the following method calls to display the Ads:

Code:
    private void ShowAd()
        {
            Dictionary<InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams, string> optionalParams = new Dictionary<Inneractive.Ad.InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams, string>();
            optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_Ad_Alignment, InneractiveAd.IaAdAlignment.CENTER.ToString());
            optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_RequiredAdWidth, "320");
            optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_RequiredAdHeight, "480");

_ShownAd = InneractiveAd.DisplayAd("<AppID>", Inneractive.Ad.InneractiveAd.IaAdType.IaAdType_Interstitial, LayoutRoot, 30, optionalParams);
        }

private void ShowAlternateAd()
        {
            Dictionary<InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams, string> optionalParams = new Dictionary<InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams, string>(); 
            optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_OptionalAdWidth, "480");
            optionalParams.Add(InneractiveAd.IaOptionalParams.Key_OptionalAdHeight, "80");

InneractiveAd.DisplayAd("<AppID>", Inneractive.Ad.InneractiveAd.IaAdType.IaAdType_Banner, LayoutRoot, 60, optionalParams);
        }
    The variable _ShownAd is a member variable I have inside the MainPage. In OnNavigatedTo I'm calling ShowAd in case _ShownAd is false:

Code:
      protected override void OnNavigatedTo(System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationEventArgs e) {
          base.OnNavigatedTo(e);

if (!_ShownAd)
          {
              ShowAd();
          }
        }
    I'm calling ShowAlternateAd directly in the constructor of the page. The banner Ad is positioned at the top of the page in my case but you could simply construct it the same way you do and insert it into some container.