Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

Question Nokia Music embed

Hi, can anyone from Nokia confirm wheter or not can we "embed" the Nokia music experience directly into an App?, just like the Runtastic Pro App, or that's only possible with an special SDK or something result of a partnership? I want to play a Mix directly into my App, not in the Nokia music App.

Thanks

Re: Nokia Music embed

Hello. Playing a mix in your app requires a special SDK, that is only available to partners (such as Runtastic). I'll request that our partner manager contact you.

Hi,

Currently this is only available to second party partners.

Br,
    Nathan

Nokia Developer Champion

Thanks, so should I ask our Nokia contact in my country if we can access such SDK? we are Nokia partners in Mexico

Not trying to Hijack the thread but I had the same kind of question..say If i want to play the song from the API in my app for both Nokia and Non Nokia devices I now know we need a special SDK and also as @mattcooper said its only available to Partners. So is there an eligibility criteria or something for it?

Nokia Developer Champion

Can't tell you about the details for eligibility but as far as I understand it you can't do it on Non-Nokia devices at all (partner or not). Apps like Runtastic that use it have the functionality enabled only on Nokia devices. You can use the API to get artist information, etc. on Non-Nokia devices though. But playing music only works on those devices as the others lack the required license.

Ive seen an other app in the Store Tunely which seems to stream the music and play it in the app could you guide me to the right person who would help me understand the eligibility and access guide to steam the music inside my app?

Hi Matt,
    Our dev team are looking to integrate Nokia music into the app!
    We wonder if there is any way to be eligible for playing a mix into our app, because we believe that is the best way in term of UX to get benefit of this feature.
    Thank you in advance for your support, and let us know.

Domenico
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2013-12-29 at 14:41. Reason: edited out ad link

Quote Originally Posted by winstoredev View Post
    Ive seen an other app in the Store Tunely which seems to stream the music and play it in the app could you guide me to the right person who would help me understand the eligibility and access guide to steam the music inside my app?
    Hi

Tunely uses the 30 secs clips, which are one of the APIs that can be used within an app. Runtastic has the 2nd party which play whole tracks from Mixes.

Thanks
    deano