Discussion Board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Re: I have built a WP7 Application How to integrate music API or SDK into my App.

The link that SB Dev has given you shows example methods and there's also a sample app - even though it's for WP8 - that shows the sorts of things you can do.
    I'm not sure what you're asking... what is step #10?

Super Contributor

Re: I have built a WP7 Application How to integrate music API or SDK into my App.

How to add music API and include it in My app?

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    How to add music API and include it in My app?
    There are 16 points in this thread answering parts of that question. If you've run into a specific problem not already addressed then please raise it, otherwise please read the documentation and look at the samples as already advised.

Regular Contributor

when I tried to install the Nokia MixRadio, I have run the following command in the Package Manager Console PM> Install-Package NokiaMusic

Iam seeing the following

PM> Install-Package NokiaMusic -Version 2.4.0
    Attempting to resolve dependency 'Newtonsoft.Json (≥ 4.5.11)'.
    Successfully installed 'Newtonsoft.Json 4.5.11'.
    Successfully installed 'NokiaMusic 2.4.0'.
    Successfully added 'Newtonsoft.Json 4.5.11' to RSSReader.
    Successfully added 'NokiaMusic 2.4.0' to RSSReader.

PM>

I want to know what would be my further step .

Please guide me step by step as Iam having window 7 OS and WP7 SDK only and not wp8.

Super Contributor

Cool Re: I have built a WP7 Application How to integrate music API or SDK into my App.

Ok Now I have tried integrate Music Explorer API into my App by following

http://developer.nokia.com/Resources...-explorer.html

and

https://github.com/nokia-developer/music-explorer

Iam seeing the following errors
    Warning 1 The 'Name' attribute is invalid - The value 'ID_CAP_MAP' is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The Enumeration constraint failed. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Properties\WMAppManifest.xml 7 25 RSSReader

Warning 2 The 'Name' attribute is invalid - The value ' ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_AUDIO' is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The Enumeration constraint failed

Warning 3 The 'Name' attribute is invalid - The value 'ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_PLAYBACK' is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The Enumeration constraint failed

in my WMAppManifest.xml

Following are the Errors at private void ReverseGeocodeQuery_QueryCompleted(object senderQueryCompletedEventArgs<IList<MapLocation>> e)
    {
    if (e.Error == null)
    {
    if (e.Result.Count > 0)
    {
    MapAddress address = e.Result[0].Information.Address;
    string twoLetterCountryCode =
    CountryCodes.TwoLetterFromThreeLetter(address.CountryCode);
    InitializeNokiaMusicApi(twoLetterCountryCode);
    }
    }
    }

public void GetTopArtists()
    {
    if (!initialized)
    {
    return;
    }

Error 4 ) expected E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 53 93 RSSReader

Error 5 Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 53 112 RSSReader

Error 6 Invalid token ')' in class, struct, or interface member declaration E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 53 115 RSSReader

Error 7 Invalid token '==' in class, struct, or interface member declaration Line 55 column 25

Error 8 Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration line 57 column36

Error 9 Method must have a return type E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 62 21 RSSReader

Error 10 Identifier expected 62 65

Error 11 Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected 65 9

Error 12 Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 67 16 RSSReader
    Error 13 Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct 84 58
    Error 14 Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct 93 62
    Error 15 Identifier expected 97 51 RSSReader
    Error 16 Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected 104 29

Super Contributor

Cool Re: I have built a WP7 Application How to integrate music API or SDK into my App.

In my MainPano.xaml

following are the errors

Error 17 The 'phone:Panorama' start tag on line 96 position 10 does not match the end tag of 'Grid'. Line 376, position 7. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 376 7 RSSReader

Error 18 Closing tag for element '<phone:Panorama>' was not found. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 376 5 RSSReader
    Error 19 The type 'phone:Panorama' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 96 10 RSSReader

Error 20 The type 'phone:Panorama' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 99 14 RSSReader
    Error 21 The attachable property 'Title' was not found in type 'Panorama'. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 100 18 RSSReader

Error 22 The attachable property 'Background' was not found in type 'Panorama'. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 111 18 RSSReader

Error 23 The type 'phone:PanoramaItem' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 116 18 RSSReader

Error 24 The type 'controls:FlipableItem' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 130 38 RSSReader

Error 25 The type 'phone:PanoramaItem' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 143 18 RSSReader

Error 26 The type 'controls:TileItem' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 157 38 RSSReader

Error 27 The type 'phone:PanoramaItem' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 170 18 RSSReader

Error 28 The type 'controls:TileItem' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 181 38 RSSReader

Error 29 The type 'phone:PanoramaItem' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 195 18 RSSReader

Error 30 The type 'controls:TileItem' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml 206 38 RSSReader

Error 31 The type 'phone:PanoramaItem' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. 219 18

Error 32 The type 'phone:LongListSelector' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. 220 22
    Error 33 The attachable property 'ListHeaderTemplate' was not found in type 'LongListSelector'. 221 26

Error 34 The attachable property 'ItemTemplate' was not found in type 'LongListSelector'. 235 26

Error 35 The type 'phone:PanoramaItem' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. 250 18

Error 36 The type 'phone:LongListSelector' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. 251 22

Error 37 The attachable property 'ListHeaderTemplate' was not found in type 'LongListSelector'. 252 26

Error 38 The attachable property 'ItemTemplate' was not found in type 'LongListSelector'. 266 26

Super Contributor

In MainPano.xaml.cs at private void ReverseGeocodeQuery_QueryCompleted(object senderQueryCompletedEventArgs<IList<MapLocation>> e)
    {
    if (e.Error == null)
    {
    if (e.Result.Count > 0)
    {
    MapAddress address = e.Result[0].Information.Address;
    string twoLetterCountryCode =
    CountryCodes.TwoLetterFromThreeLetter(address.CountryCode);
    InitializeNokiaMusicApi(twoLetterCountryCode);
    }
    }
    }

public void GetTopArtists()
    {
    if (!initialized)
    {
    return;
    }

Following are the errors
    Error 4 ) expected E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 53 93 RSSReader

Error 5 Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 53 112 RSSReader

Error 6 Invalid token ')' in class, struct, or interface member declaration E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 53 115 RSSReader
    Error 7 Invalid token '==' in class, struct, or interface member declaration E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 55 25 RSSReader

Error 8 Invalid token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 57 36 RSSReader

Error 9 Method must have a return type E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 62 21 RSSReader

Error 10 Identifier expected E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 62 65 RSSReader
    Error 11 Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 65 9 RSSReader
    Error 12 Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 67 16 RSSReader
    Error 13 Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 84 58 RSSReader

Error 14 Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 93 62 RSSReader

Error 15 Identifier expected E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 97 51 RSSReader

Error 16 Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\wprssreader_v1_2\RSSReader\Views\MainPano.xaml.cs 104 29 RSSReader

Regular Contributor

it's a WP8 app, so the code won't work on WP7

Super Contributor

Earlier SB Dev and some others said that it will work and Iam trying .

Quote Originally Posted by GTO_India View Post
    Earlier SB Dev and some others said that it will work and Iam trying .
    mmehnsr is the expert on this API, so if he says this code won't work, it won't.

mmehnsr - is the API not supported on WP7 at all, or just not "this code". If it can be made to work, is there an example?

Regular Contributor

What's been pasted in has so many errors - things like XAML namespaces changing, ReverseGeocodeQuery not existing in WP7 etc. There's no specific question.
    There's a WP7 version in the history on GitHub - see https://github.com/mixradio/wp-api-c...usicApiTestApp

Quote Originally Posted by mmehnsr View Post
    What's been pasted in has so many errors - things like XAML namespaces changing, ReverseGeocodeQuery not existing in WP7 etc. There's no specific question.
    There's a WP7 version in the history on GitHub - see https://github.com/mixradio/wp-api-c...usicApiTestApp
    Thanks!

So GTO_India - you need to start from that known good WP7 version.

Super Contributor

yes
    Iam trying to integrate anyhow.

Or will install wp8 in VM

Super Contributor

I have downloaded https://github.com/mixradio/wp-api-c...usicApiTestApp and ried to run it with visual studi0 2010 for windows phone with wp7 sdk and on window 7 OS

It is showing following errors

Warning 1 Failed to import StyleCop.MSBuild targets from '..\packages\StyleCop.MSBuild.4.7.42.1\tools\StyleCop.targets'. The StyleCop.MSBuild package was either missing or incomplete when the project was loaded. To fix this, restore the package and then restart the build. If you are using an IDE (e.g. Visual Studio), you may need to reload the project before restarting the build. Note that regular NuGet package restore (during build) does not work with this package because the package needs to be present before the project is loaded. If this is an automated build (e.g. CI server), you may want to ensure that the build process restores the StyleCop.MSBuild package before the project is built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\Nokia Music API\wp-api-client-bcd314de7a159f213091ecf269df8b82e0e1fd0d\NokiaMusicApiTestApp\Nokia.Music.TestApp.Wp7.csproj 190 5 Nokia.Music.TestApp.Wp7

Warning 2 Could not load file or assembly 'file:///E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\Nokia Music API\wp-api-client-bcd314de7a159f213091ecf269df8b82e0e1fd0d\NokiaMusicApi\Bin\Debug\Nokia.Music.Wp7.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Nokia.Music.TestApp.Wp7

Warning 3 Failed to import StyleCop.MSBuild targets from '..\packages\StyleCop.MSBuild.4.7.42.1\tools\StyleCop.targets'. The StyleCop.MSBuild package was either missing or incomplete when the project was loaded. To fix this, restore the package and then restart the build. If you are using an IDE (e.g. Visual Studio), you may need to reload the project before restarting the build. Note that regular NuGet package restore (during build) does not work with this package because the package needs to be present before the project is loaded. If this is an automated build (e.g. CI server), you may want to ensure that the build process restores the StyleCop.MSBuild package before the project is built. E:\Windows projects\New Sample Windows projects\Nokia Music API\wp-api-client-bcd314de7a159f213091ecf269df8b82e0e1fd0d\NokiaMusicApi\Nokia.Music.Net40.csproj 149 5 Nokia.Music.Net40

Warning 4 The referenced component 'Microsoft.Phone' could not be found.

Warning 5 The referenced component 'Newtonsoft.Json' could not be found.

Warning 6 The referenced component 'SharpGIS.GZipWebClient' could not be found.

Warning 7 The referenced component 'System' could not be found.

Warning 8 The referenced component 'System.Device' could not be found.

Warning 9 The referenced component 'System.Net' could not be found.

Warning 10 The referenced component 'System.Windows' could not be found.

Warning 11 The referenced component 'mscorlib' could not be found.

Nokia Developer Champion

I'm not seeing any errors only Warnings, but you should know that from my experience implementing the nokiamusic 2.4 api to a wp7 project app i have noticed that the package does ineed miss the 'SharpGIS.GZipWebClient' dll but you can easily download that on your own and add to the project reference.
    as for the rest of the reference warnings just add those libs to your project reference, they are all part of the pre-installed packages.

the StyleCop.MSBuild warning i have no idea what that is.

p.s. your link is broken...
    Heard of DVLUP? Join here