Discussion Board

Question Scrolling is preserved

I have 3 Categorybars, each bar present a List view. I got an issue from Nokia that "Whenever accessing a new view, even if it was visited earlier, the content must not be already scrolled. The user must view the content from the top of the list."

My situation now is when I scroll list in the 1st category bar to some position(like 6th position), then go to the 2nd category bar, then go back to the 1st category bar again, the list is still at the 6th position.

From my understanding, I have to keep the view of content from the top of the list. How can I do that? Do you have any suggestion?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Scrolling is preserved

Quote Originally Posted by April_Smith View Post
    I have 3 Categorybars, each bar present a List view. I got an issue from Nokia that "Whenever accessing a new view, even if it was visited earlier, the content must not be already scrolled. The user must view the content from the top of the list."

My situation now is when I scroll list in the 1st category bar to some position(like 6th position), then go to the 2nd category bar, then go back to the 1st category bar again, the list is still at the 6th position.

From my understanding, I have to keep the view of content from the top of the list. How can I do that? Do you have any suggestion?

My situation now is when I scroll list in the 1st category bar to some position(like 6th position), then go to the 2nd category bar, then go back to the 1st category bar again, the list is still at the 6th position. --- is correct.

But when the same view / screen is opened again or when the application user comes back this screen again - at that time - on second visit, all the list should be reset. To do this - re-create the list rather then just setting it back to current displayable.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Scrolling is preserved

To be honest i dont understand why you got this issue from Nokia (is this a Fail issue or just a warning issue?) since i think this kind of stuff is too much depends on the app itself and not general UX of the phone itself.
    if you want the view to be "reset" then you actually DONT need to save the view but rather create a new view everything you switch to a new category and set that view, or if your using LWUIT for instance you can save your form with your list and then use the List.scrollRectToVisible(Rect) to scroll to the start of the list when the form is visible.
    Heard of DVLUP? Join here