Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question Alter the size and layout of the main header text in a Panorama control (AppStudio)?

I created a Windows Phone 8 app using AppStudio. I then generated it and downloaded the source. I want to change the font size and other properties of the main header text for the panaroma control (the largest text found at the top of screen). I tried changing the TextBlock properties in the xaml for the individual views. There is one view per panaroma control "column". But when the app is run, the main header text still appears the same. How do I change the main header text for the panaroma control?

-- roschler

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Alter the size and layout of the main header text in a Panorama control (AppStudi

Controls on Windows Phone (and all XAML based platforms) are all about templating. Normally a control has a set of default templates (both Panorama and Pivot controls have default header templates for example) that you can make a copy of and then edit.

Below is an answer from StackOverflow with some sample code that should help...

http://stackoverflow.com/a/6019197/247257

Regular Contributor

Re: Alter the size and layout of the main header text in a Panorama control (AppStudi

Thanks theothernt.

-- roschler