Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How can I get more data from HERE API?

Hello, searched the forum after specific information about the API Here maps or drive, I did not find much information beyond the basic documentation.

What I need is to set up a route through a search field that is all quiet up there, but I need to get the data for this route.

For example, I need to get a return on the distance of the route and also identify the gas stations along the way, because my app will calculate how much you will spend for gasoline based on the route of your trip.

future also want to implement these posts with Lens Here ..

If anyone knows of any examples where I can get more information of the tasks HERE maps or drive please help.

I think this is of help to many developers.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How can I get more data from HERE API?

examples available at: https://projects.developer.nokia.com...8mapsexamples/
    Docs in general from our side is at: http://developer.nokia.com/Resources...avigation.html

Generally you can not get any information from Drive, you can only launch it with destination target. For gas stations etc. there is no direct API, in essence you would need to check what Places REST API could provide, and make a logic that searches places for selected points during the journey.

Thank's, but, it's possible to show me an sample of REST API?

It's possible with the REST API discover the Geocoordinate from an local searched for a string query?

you could check the functionality of the offering from the here develoepr site: http://developer.here.com/8

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    you could check the functionality of the offering from the here develoepr site: http://developer.here.com/8
    I do not know how to use the GetDistanceTo () function. Therefore need to take the route data.

I'm not understanding on what you mean. So incase you have a problem, then specify what API you are using and how. As well as what would you expect to happen and what is happening instead. In case you don't know of how would you do something then specify the use case in details.

I'm not understanding on what you mean. So incase you have a problem, then specify what API you are using and how. As well as what would you expect to happen and what is happening instead. In case you don't know of how would you do something then specify the use case in details.
    private void btnSearch_ActionIconTapped(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    ExploremapsSearchPlacesTask sM = new ExploremapsSearchPlacesTask();
    if (txtSearch.Text != String.Empty)
    {
    sM.SearchTerm = txtSearch.Text;
    txtDistance.Text = sM.Location.GetDistanceTo(sM.Location).ToString();
    //DirectionsRouteDestinationTask routeTo = new DirectionsRouteDestinationTask();
    //routeTo.Mode = RouteMode.Car;
    //routeTo.Show();
    }
    }

I'm trying to get the distance of the device for the searched place.

Is the ExploremapsSearchPlacesTask from Here lauinchers (I actually wrote that API), or something else ?

if it is, then what it is excatly that you think this API would be doing ?

The API is explained in : http://developer.nokia.com/Resources...launchers.html feedback is always welcome, and we do look forward on updating the docs in case they are not descriping the API usage well enough.

Yes, I think the lack of documentation ... GetDistanceTo function () ... they do not know how to use this function. And also wanted to know how do I know the coordinates of the location searched via SearchTerm, I think it is necessary for us to usufuir more Launcher

I think the problem is that you do not understand the API and what it would be used, thus I would suggest you would read what is said in there. This API is not fetching you any data, you would actually need to set the data and then use the API to launch HERE applications. The communications i one-way, thus there is no data returned.

Generally for future reference, if you would want to know what the function does, then I would suggest you check on what type of class you are using, and then check the API reference for that particular API. In this case it would be something which is included in the normal SDK, thus, it would be documented there as well. Though as said, it would not help you, since the API does not work in a way you are trying to use it.

All and all, can you exmplain the use case in details on what it is that you are trying to achieve, and maybe I could suggest you APIs which could be used for the purpose.

Right! What kind of operation must perform in order to get the data I'm trying to achieve?

thank you

it would help, if I would know on what it is that you are trying to achieve. Thus in future to speed things up, you could read what has been written and provide th information asked. Anywaym, I'll repeat:

can you exmplain the use case in details on what it is that you are trying to achieve, and maybe I could suggest you APIs which could be used for the purpose.

As I said before, I need requested from the address in the search field to obtain a route on the gps and get the distance in meters or miles so I can do the calculations that I can already do, though only missing the route distance.

it would help, if I would know on what it is that you are trying to achieve. Thus in future to speed things up, you could read what has been written and provide th information asked. Anywaym, I'll repeat:

can you exmplain the use case in details on what it is that you are trying to achieve, and maybe I could suggest you APIs which could be used for the purpose.
    As I said before, I need requested from the address in the search field to obtain a route on the gps and get the distance in meters or miles so I can do the calculations that I can already do, though only missing the route distance.

So the WP maps API does have teh geo service, which with you can get the geocoordinate for the target which you appear to have as address, and then you can use normal position API to get the location you are at, which means that you do have the two way points for the route, and as the WP8 API also has the routing, and you have all necessary information for using it, I'm not seeing where the problem is. And that's why I asked you to provide details on what is is that you are trying to acihieve. So can you define what is the excat issue that you are having problems with ?

Also for all functionality, there is examples provieded, which you could locate by following the links given earlier.

I would suggest that you do actually read the docs provided, and do check the links given, as well as provide information when asked othervise you are making it really hard to help you really.