Discussion Board

Question User Control or modified PivotPage?

I need a page that acts like a PivotPage, but has only two PivotItems and does not loop like the standard PivotPage. That is, I need it to act like the HomePage and the AppPage. It slides left to second item and then slides to the right, returning to the first item.

Can a PivotPage be made to act like this? Or do I need to write a custom control?

The App CamScanner has a page like this, although its scrolling is not as smooth as a native PivotPage. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...6-0943f13c70fb

Anyone have some guidance on this thought?

Thanks,
    -David
    —"Honest to Goodness, I Only Cheat a Little" - Max Malini (1873-1943), Illusionist

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: User Control or modified PivotPage?

Not sure if I got it, but take a look at this wiki article and see if this is what you are looking for: http://developer.nokia.com/Community..._Windows_Phone

Hello Joao,

Sorry for not explaining my question very well. Thanks for the link, that's interesting, but not exactly what I'm looking to do.

A PivotPage goes from A>B>A or A<B<A. It loops trough all the Item elements.

I need to go from A>B<A and not loop around the items. It would be the same action as going from the Live Tile Start screen to the App Listing and then back to the Start Screen. Does that make more sense?

Thank you,
    -David
    —"Honest to Goodness, I Only Cheat a Little" - Max Malini (1873-1943), Illusionist

Regular Contributor

Nokia Developer Champion

I think you need to create an custom control and hide/show the right "item". is not so hard.

Create a page with two buttons and two usercontrols when you click in button A you will see the usercontrol A and hide the usercontrol B and when you click in button B you show the user control B and hide user control A.

@saramgsilva
    Microsoft MVP - Visual C#
    Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Depechie View Post
    This is pretty close to what I was looking for, thank you. I had just noticed that the newer Facebook Beta had a similar action, with the exception that it has three panes that stop at the ends and don't wrap around.

I'll take a close look at this code.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by saramgsilva View Post
    I think you need to create an custom control and hide/show the right "item". is not so hard.

Create a page with two buttons and two usercontrols when you click in button A you will see the usercontrol A and hide the usercontrol B and when you click in button B you show the user control B and hide user control A.
    Thank you for your advice on this question. I'll need a bit more functionality than this approach. Ultimately I will be sliding between two vertical scrolling lists of data, like a pivot, but with no wrap. The Facebook app method is pretty close to my case, with a bit of tweaking.

-David