Discussion Board

Some basic issues with Nokia 3650

Hi!
    I may seem like a novice among the developers, who dominate this forum. But actually I am one as I have used Nokia 3650 only for 3 days now. Here are some problems that i am facing:

(i) I am facing serious problems with Nokia PC Suite using BT connectivity with this phone. I have raised this issue in detail through a separate email. But I am able to transfer pictures and music without any hassles. Can I install new games and software without PC Suite by just transferring the relevant .sis file?

(ii) Is it possible to stretch a small sized (but high resolution) image to full screen size and then save it? I can only use zoom in option to see it fill the screen. Even if I use Full Screen option, I cannot really fill the whole screen (only the signal meter, battery indicator , right-left quick select butons vanish). In case of Zoom In, I cannot save the enlarged image. In case of Full Screen, the size of the image does not change at all. Basically what I want to do is to fill the entire screen with a good image (even though it may affect the visibility of meters and text marginally). Can you help me do that?

(iii) If I have an image on the phone memory, how can I transfer it to memory card and vice versa? In other words, is the function of cut, copy and paste available for images and sounds as well?

(iv) Can I use my images as screen saver in place of text or clock as screen saver? If yes, how?

Thanking you in anticipation,

Yours sincerely,

Sanjeev Gupta

Regular Contributor
    1. You can directly transfer the sis or jar files to the 3650 over IR or BT and they will be received as a message which you can click and install.

2. If option to save after zooming isn't there, then I guess you cant!

3. You can use the move to folder option to move an image to the memory card or from it to the phone memory

4. That is not supported but the recently announced 3100 supports that

[N]/Forum Nokia