Discussion Board

PIM APIs not accessible when app is installed from Nokia Store (Nokia Asha SDK)

Hi All,

We have developed a Nokia Asha App (based on Nokia Asha SDK 1.1) that uses PIM APIs to retrieve device contacts and displays the contacts within the application. We have submitted the app for Nokia Review and is successfully posted in Nokia Store. The problem we are facing here is:

Before we submit the app to Nokia Store, we have tested the functionality of retrieving device contacts (using PIM APIs) and displaying the contacts within our application, everything was working fine. BUT, when we installed the published app from Nokia Store, we observed that device contacts are not being retrieved using PIM APIs and are not displayed within the application.

Can someone please guide us on how to resolve this issue. Does Nokia Store restricts apps in using PIM APIs to access device contacts? Does signing our app/MIDLet is mandatory to access PIM APIs?

Awaiting for your valuable pointers.

Thanks,
    Dileep.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: PIM APIs not accessible when app is installed from Nokia Store (Nokia Asha SDK)

Did you remember to add the permission javax.microedition.pim.ContactList.read to the jad?
    that could explain your situation since one the app is signed it will not be granted any new permission beyond what was requested in the jad.
    Heard of DVLUP? Join here

Re: PIM APIs not accessible when app is installed from Nokia Store (Nokia Asha SDK)

Hi Shai.i,

Thanks for your quick reply.
    We haven't signed our app/MIDLet. We published unsigned app to Nokia Store. How should it behave in case of unsigned app?

Nokia Developer Champion

Nokia signs all apps that are published to the Nokia store and pass QA and are unsigned.
    You should add the below permission I wrote to your jad and re-publish a new version of your app.
    Heard of DVLUP? Join here