Discussion Board

Question Renew developer certification?

Hi all,
    my membership in Nokia Developer program started 1 year ago and so it stopped today. Is it not possible to renew it? I tried at https://developer.nokia.com/Develope...r_offers.xhtml but without success. It doesn't say that it could be requested only once so now I don't know: Is it possible to renew or do I have to go to dev.windowsphone.com and register there?
    Thanks!

Addition: The message I got when I try to apply is 'You already have an active membership for this program.'

Re: Renew developer certification?

Hi KaiW

You can't renew on the Premium Developer Program as that has been discontinued. You should however be able to apply for "offers" if you meet the criteria.

I will see if we can find out about your membership status (may take a little while)

Regards
    H

Hi Kai

OK, so the reason you're getting the message 'You already have an active membership for this program" is because you already have membership of the program :-)

All of the details should have been emailed to you when you selected the offers link around 13th November. This email contains all the guidance needed to redeem the offers. If you're in a DVLUP country the email would have had 2 codes, one for Msft Dev Center and one for everything else (through DVLUP).

Regards
    Hamish

Hi Hamish,
    thanks for clarification, that sounds understandable :-) Now I know my fault: I've entered the code and clicked 'Proceed'. The next screen says i'll get a mail and clicked on 'Redeem'. Now I noticed I also need to click on 'Checkout' to complete the 'order', so probably I did not do this previously.
    Many thanks for your support!
    Kai

Quote Originally Posted by KaiW View Post
    Hi Hamish,
    thanks for clarification, that sounds understandable :-) Now I know my fault: I've entered the code and clicked 'Proceed'. The next screen says i'll get a mail and clicked on 'Redeem'. Now I noticed I also need to click on 'Checkout' to complete the 'order', so probably I did not do this previously.
    Many thanks for your support!
    Kai
    You're most welcome. Pleased to hear you've got this sorted out!

Thumbs up Re: Renew developer certification?

I hope so. I think I will know tomorrow whether it's all fine because my WP Dev Account expires today (even though on dev.windowsphone.com in my account settings I cannot find the expiration date anymore...?). Previously (on first registration) afaik I got a code from you (Nokia) which I entered in dev.windowsphone.com. Yesterday evening I got an order confirmation about 'Windows Phone Dev Center Token' (and another confirmation for the additional tools) but I did not receive a code yet. Is the code automatically transferred to Windowsphone.com? But how would this work with the additional tools (Telerik etc.) then... Hmm... I'll see tomorrow.
    Thanks Hamish!

P.S. Ah, I got a message in the message tab of DVLUP.com ... I only checked my mails ;-)
    P.P.S.: OK, I think now I really made it :-) I wonder why I got a mail about the order confirmation but none for the new message but probably I've disabled the mailing for new messages. But I thought that if I get the order confirmation via mail I will also get the code via mail... Anyway, now I got confirmation from Microsoft so everything should be fine (and I could also publish Windows 8 Apps now :-) ).
    Again many thanks Hamish!!
    Last edited by KaiW; 2013-12-11 at 16:49.