Discussion Board

DVLUP Do we loose chalanges during waiting for veryfication?

Hi, I created account on DVLUP few days ago but I can't do challenges because I get message: "We're verifying your Dev Center information. Come back here to complete this challenge once it's been verified.". I verified my account in Dev Center and I know that this information is transfer even 7 days to DVLUP, but during this time I lose a lot of challenges/quiz. Do they back to me when my account will be finally verified?

Re: DVLUP Do we loose chalanges during waiting for veryfication?

Quote Originally Posted by adampl1234 View Post
    Hi, I created account on DVLUP few days ago but I can't do challenges because I get message: "We're verifying your Dev Center information. Come back here to complete this challenge once it's been verified.". I verified my account in Dev Center and I know that this information is transfer even 7 days to DVLUP, but during this time I lose a lot of challenges/quiz. Do they back to me when my account will be finally verified?
    No. Once your account is verified you will be able to do the challenges that are available to you at that point.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Just wondering, what is the reason behind having a mandatory Dev center account before allowing the challenges?
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Good question, I was waiting 3 days for activation and during this time I lost about 7 quizzes which learnt the basics.... I hope they will come back, because I don't have even links to videos, eh

Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    Just wondering, what is the reason behind having a mandatory Dev center account before allowing the challenges?
    Most of the challenges are for development of apps/updates. You can't do those unless you have a Microsoft account and we can't award them if you don't have an account. There are a few challenges you can do without a Microsoft account, but even in this case if you don't have an account you're not really the audience DVLUP is targeting.

Quote Originally Posted by adampl1234 View Post
    Good question, I was waiting 3 days for activation and during this time I lost about 7 quizzes which learnt the basics.... I hope they will come back, because I don't have even links to videos, eh
    A good reason to join DVLUP early. The videos will be on youtube Nokia Developer channel.

It really seems odd to me that people think this is an issue. This is a bit like getting your passport - you can't expect a flight to wait while you sort out your details: instead you catch the flight when you have done the things you need to do to be ready to go.

Nokia Developer Champion

My understanding is that old challenges go away and new ones will arrive. There will be new quizzes with current topics again. This time we had a Quiz dealing with the Imaging SDK 1.0. I guess there was one when the Beta launched and I'm pretty sure we'll see one again when there is another version.

So I'd not worry too much if you can't do one of the challenges because of the verification taking some time or because there is not enough time to do one of the more complex Apps requested for some challenge. This is mainly an issue because there are lots of newcomers now and we're approaching the end of a period during which challenges were available.