Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbide.c++

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Carbide.c

Quote Originally Posted by Cipryan View Post
    Emulator not open with command line (epoc or sdk) .How to configure epoc.ini ?
    What happens exactly?

anyone help me with registration key !product key is 6CYWD6CZ-4BZPCJBR-254UANLW-BGPNZFDY-TPTOCD4U .my email cipriandarinciuc@yahoo.com .Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    My recollection of the past technology is not so good, but if I remember well, you dont need to configure epoc.ini really. What error are you getting for starting epoc from command line? Did you run 'Configure environment for WINSCW command line' which you might find in the carbide.c group?
    problem solved with reinstall sdk
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2014-04-03 at 11:45. Reason: closed the tag for quote

Buid target selection is not available for generation cache.See this screenshot->http://dc581.2shared.com/download/rV...73412-2cabb051

The WINSCW thing does what it says, it enables building for WINSCW target from command line. (bldmake bldfiles + abld build winscw udeb commands)

Back to the issue: ARMV5 target is only available if you have RVCT (RealView Compiler Toolkit) from ARM. It costed heavy money, and it is not available any more. There is a free toolchain bundled with the SDK, based on GCC. As far as I remember the SDK installer actually asks about installing it at the end, but you can also find an item for that in the SDK start menu group. Something about install CSL (?) toolchain, and perhaps it mentions GCCE too (that is going to be the name of the device target).
    A separate thing which may or may not affect your progress is that there are (were) two "systems" (SBS=Symbian Build System) for building, SBSv1 and SBSv2. S60 3rd FP1 SDK has SBSv1 by default, and I am not sure if Carbide.c++ 3.x supports it. You may want to check its (Carbide's) release notes.
    Check Window/Preferences/Carbide.c++ - in "Build Configuration Filtering" I see SBSv2 only, but it may not be correct as I have a very old Carbide.c++ installation and no SDKs. Also check what "Symbian SDKs" says a bit lower.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    . Something about install CSL (?) toolchain, and perhaps it mentions GCCE too (that is going to be the name of the device target).
    Additional information on this is info by Wizard: Its available in the tools subfolder in your SDK group and its the "CSL Toolchain (GCCE) Install" which you need to do one time.

Re: Carbide.c++

Ok team nokia,good job .

Quote Originally Posted by Cipryan View Post
    Ok team nokia,good job .
    Nobody in this discussion works for Nokia.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Nobody in this discussion works for Nokia.
    my mistake... thanx for help