Discussion Board

Add some place marker

Hi, i have some question about my app, here is the scenario, i want my app to can add currently position as some place as restaurant(much like foursquare) and later it will showed in my app map as a marker that this place is restaurant and it can be seen by any other people that using my app... how to do that?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Add some place marker

You would then need a logic which with you would save the data in location from which other instances of your application could fetch the data from. Thus either have your own webserver doing that, or search for any service which you could utilize for the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    You would then need a logic which with you would save the data in location from which other instances of your application could fetch the data from. Thus either have your own webserver doing that, or search for any service which you could utilize for the purpose.
    so I just need to have webserver ( windows azure can do it? ) and then I need to add each location longitude and latitude and showing it as marker into my application? can I also get data from here map? since someplace already listed in here maps?

Nokia Developer Expert

I though that its your own places data that you want to show. anyway , you could also check the REST service API for HERE Places, its not WP specifiec API, but you could use it for fetching places via HTTP requests, thgen if you want to share the place with other instances, you could use the place ID as an reference.

I though that its your own places data that you want to show. anyway , you could also check the REST service API for HERE Places, its not WP specifiec API, but you could use it for fetching places via HTTP requests, thgen if you want to share the place with other instances, you could use the place ID as an reference.
    is there any tutorial regarding http request and how to use it to determine location?

Nokia Developer Expert

You would not use it for determining location, you would use it fro fetching data, and then any HTTP example would be good starting point.

You would not use it for determining location, you would use it fro fetching data, and then any HTTP example would be good starting point.
    alright then, thank you for your help